EPILOGUE.

The war was all but over once the Headmaster's demise was discovered. Vincent's remaining forces surrendered and Chrom was able to take his army all the way to the center of President Tabuu's domain, where the two of them officially put an end to the war. All of Chrom's demands were met without hesitation, the biggest of which being that Tabuu step down and submit himself to the court for judgement on the numerous crimes he had committed during his time in office.

And so, the city moved on. Those impacted by the war certainly didn't- at least, not easily- but the city did. 

As part of this process, the stories of the Lost Children were collected and recorded. They quickly became figures almost akin to legends, thanks to the trials they endured and the strength they displayed in overcoming them. 

Those stories are recorded here, condensed and checked for truth from the multitude of documents written about them as the years passed. 

THE BOY WHO LED HIMSELF TO RUIN AND THE GIRL WHO FOLLOWED IN HER FATHER'S FOOTSTEPS.

Following the official end to the war, Zelda was tried for treason thanks to her role as a spy for Vincent. She was able to wriggle her way out of execution thanks in no small part to her own wits and Marth's assistance. The only consequence she faced was a dishonorable discharge. The public never learned the truth behind it. After all of this had been sorted out, Marth proposed to her and they left the city, never to be seen again. Nobody knows for sure where they went, as reports vary wildly. It's entirely possible that they became drifters, never staying in one place for too long. However,  all surviving records claimed that they lived happily ever after, finding comfort in each other and the knowledge that the past was finally behind them. 

THE BOY WHO'S LIES BECAME HIS TRUTH.

Roy was only remembered as a traitor and a liar. His death was celebrated as the thing that granted the Rebellion an opportunity to strike at Vincent's stronghold and ultimately kill him. While sympathetic perspectives of his story do exist, they are few and far between. 

THE BOY WHO SHATTERED LIKE GLASS.

Sheik was heralded as a hero, not only for his exemplary service before his death, but for the strength he exhibited by finding a way to carry on through the considerable trauma he endured. An initiative to support kids in crisis was founded in his honor by his aunt, Impa, citing that he would have wanted to help make sure that no child had to endure so much without support. Of course, it wouldn't be an account of his life without Corrin. He was said to be Sheik's other half, and their love was the subject of quite a few stories by itself. Every account agrees on the fact that Sheik died far too soon, and that the world suffered a great loss when he was killed. 

THE BOY WHO LOVED TOO MUCH.

Corrin became the Rebellion's golden boy after his death. Killing Vincent before dying of his injuries ensured that he became a martyr, even though his surviving family members protested this, saying it isn't what he would have wanted his death to mean. Chrom, of course, ignored this in favor of pushing the narrative he wanted. As a result, Corrin's death has become the unfortunate victim of misinformation and exaggeration. Despite that, his life avoided the same treatment, especially when it comes to recounting his relationship with Sheik, who was described as his soulmate. 

THE GIRL WHO REFUSED TO LET HER LOSS DEFINE HER.

After the war ended, Samus left the Rebellion and would have left the city altogether, had it not been for her friendship with Lucina. Together, the two of them went to university to become psychologists and started a little therapeutic practice. Samus was remembered fondly by all of her clients. When it came time for her to retire, she settled down with her loving wife Dorothea Arnault, who she initially met shortly after her graduation. They moved to the much quieter edges of the city and raised a couple of cats together. 

THE BOY WHO FOUGHT FOR THE WRONG PERSON.

Link became a tragic hero in the face of Zelda's story. There were quite a few tragedies written about him and his story: killed by the one he loved above all else and her later moving on and loving one of their mutual friends. Because of his prowess in combat, several sword techniques he developed were added to the army's training catalog, and an award for exemplary soldiers, given only after death, was created. 

THE GIRL WHO COULD NEVER ESCAPE HER SHADOWS.

After the war, Lucina knew she needed to do something to help others, because she hated the thought of other people serving in Chrom's army without adequate mental health support. So, she went to school to become a therapist (while attending some hardcore therapy herself,) and even convinced Samus to do it with her. While she was in school, she started talking to Inigo a lot more, and eventually fell in love with him. They married and had two children: Morgan, who was named to respect Robin's wishes, and Soleil. The four of them lived a happy and fulfilling life as a family. 

THE BOY WHO COULDN'T TRUST HIS OWN MIND.

Robin ended up becoming a sort of cautionary tale. He was used as an example of why you should never press employees to work if they weren't mentally ready to do so. Otherwise, he was rarely talked about, given the rather unsavory nature of the role he performed for the Rebellion, making him a sort of dark sheep compared to the rest of the Lost Children (minus Roy.) Lucina tried to change this and get him the honor he deserved, but her efforts were ultimately in vain. 

THE BOY WHO WASN'T STRONG ENOUGH. 

Ike was remembered as a strong and capable fighter who died much too soon. Initially, he didn't receive as much attention as the others, but Samus quickly stepped in to change that. After her intervention, a medal of exemplary service named in his honor was added, and eventually a few stories of his background heroics were written. Over the years, he attracted a cult following of those who also felt like they'd been confined to the background, despite giving 110% in everything they did. 

Thus concludes the story of the Lost Children, Chrom's Rebellion, and Vincent. 

(A/N)

Oh man. We've made it. After 2 and a half years, this fic is finished. It's been one hell of a ride, and I'm so grateful for all of you guys for reading and sticking with me until the end. There were times I felt like this would end up as just another one of my unfinished works, abandoned for newer and shinier ideas, and yet here we are. This is the first longfic I've ever finished, which is a really big deal. Coincidentally, it's also one of the first serious fanfictions I've written. 

It wouldn't be right for me to end this without acknowledging my friend that I planned so much of this story with. Thank you so much for everything. This probably would not have been finished without your help brainstorming ideas and making them fit together nicely. 

Lastly, I plan on rewriting this fic at some point. While I'm proud of what I've done, I know it could be better. I want to do it justice. This likely won't end up happening for a while, but do know that it is planned. 

Thank you all so much for reading!