CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: THE BLAME.

Zelda knew she was in trouble the second that Lucina walked up to her, a peculiar look in her eyes and her mouth set in a harsh line. But she really wasn't in the mood for a conversation- least of all with her- so she decided that it would be best if she pretended that she didn't see her. After all, maybe she'd get the hint and leave her alone. This was her brother's funeral, after all.

Ugh, it felt weird to even call that coward her brother. They hadn't even been speaking prior to his death, thanks to how blind he was.

"We need to talk." Lucina said flatly.

She pretended not to hear it, instead continuing to stare straight forward in (what she thought was) a good emulation of Corrin's behavior. The silver-haired boy had actually bothered to show up today, and Chrom seemed to take it as a sign that he was ready for active service again. Which was likely going to be a catastrophically bad idea, but Marth assured her that Chrom sort of knew what he was doing. Zelda didn't believe that in the slightest, but none of it mattered as long as that bastard died.

"Zelda." Lucina insisted. "I'm serious."

"Oh, for-" Zelda bit down on her tongue to stop herself from finishing that sentence and turned to face Lucina, plastering the fakest smile she possibly could on her face and starting again. "What do you want?"

Lucina didn't respond to that, instead just gesturing for Zelda to stand up and follow her. Worry spiked through her as she stood- gods, what if Lucina knew-

Only one of the things that Lucina could possibly want to talk about was bad, but still.

She followed the blue-haired girl away from the main room that the service was being held in. They walked down a small side hallway that seemed like it hadn't been used in years at the very least, thanks to how stale and oppressive the air felt, but that could've just been her mind playing tricks on her. It was only once the low sound of people whispering faded away that Lucina turned to her, crossing her arms as she did so.

"I know what you're doing."

Ah, shit.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean?" Zelda laughed nervously and resisted the urge to look for a quick exit other than going back the way they'd come.

"Don't fucking play dumb with me, got it?" Lucina snapped. This kind of anger seemed so out of character for the kind girl Zelda was used to, but she supposed that it made sense. They'd all changed so much since they'd been forced to fight this war that shouldn't have been theirs.

"I'm not!" Zelda exclaimed, rolling her eyes in an attempt to seem annoyed by this. All it really accomplished was making her look even more guilty.

"Alright, fine. I'll spell it out for you." Lucina said, her voice dropping to a scarily calm tone. "You're spying for the Headmaster."

Zelda was about to ask how she knew this, but then it hit her like a fist slamming right into her face. Her Gift. Of COURSE. Gods fucking damn it. Well, if she knew, there was no use keeping up the facade of "devastated sister" anymore.

"Awww, what a surprise!" Zelda remarked dryly, narrowing her eyes and placing her hands on her hips. "Honestly, did it take you this long to figure it out? I'm shocked, considering that eye of yours."

"I've known for months now." Lucina responded dismissively. "I wanted to think it wasn't true, considering how damn unreliable it is, but I have evidence for your crimes now."

"My crimes?" Zelda laughed sharply. "Sweetie, if you think these are crimes, you ought to take a look at your father."

"Says you."