Chapter Nineteen - Kill All Your Friends.

"So," Frank starts, looking at me warily as I sit back down on the couch "What are you doing this weekend?" he asks slowly. I throw him a sceptical look as I let the American Horror Show run again. 

  "The same thing I do every weekend" I frown at the TV screen. 

  "You don't do anything any weekend" Frank pouts like a girl. 

  "Exactly" I roll my eyes.

  "But it's Halloween" Frank whines. I throw him a look. 

  "Really?" I demand, shocked. 

  "Yeah," he says it slowly like I'm mentally retarded "You know, the 31st of October?" he prompts, his book lying forgotten in his lap. 

  "That's this weekend?" I breathe, god, it seemed like five minutes ago it was September and I was dragging my sorry ass back to school. 

  "Yep" Frank shakes his head at me "So what are you doing?" 

  "For what?" I ask, distracted as I watch a man clad in a skimpy rubber suit kill a gay couple that live in the 'Murder House' of American Horror Story. 

  "For Halloween, Hadley!" Frank exclaims, clicking his fingers at me, I look over at him, still confused. 

  "What would I be doing?" I ask him, an eyebrow raised high. 

  "Oh I dunno" Frank rolls his eyes in exasperation "Going out, dressing up, anything?" he throws his arms up in frustration. 

  "Did you not realise you need actual friends to do stuff like that?" I ask sarcastically as I try to turn my full attention back to my programme, but Frank seems unable to allow the show to have the spotlight. 

  "Uh, what am I?" he indicates to himself with an extravagant wave of his hand. 

  "A boy who is probably going to the party of a popular person who doesn't like me" I snort. His eyes drop to the floor, clearly, this was his plan, to go to a party, get wasted, and probably get laid in the process. 

  "Well, they wouldn't recognize you if you wear a costume" he grumbles. He moves to sit in the space next to me. 

  "Oh, I understand, I'm not pretty enough to actually show my face so I have to wear a mask" I roll my eyes, annoyance lacing my tone. 

  "I didn't say that!" Frank replies indignantly. 

  "You implied it" I grumble angrily. 

  "Maybe it would be good for you to get out of this house" he tells me, his face cold.

  "If I wanted to socialize I would" I retort. 

  "I'm only trying to help" he growls, hazel eyes hardening. 

  "No, you want to drag me to a party I definitely wont enjoy, and watch as you get drunk and pull a girl, and you want me to do it while wearing a mask so I don't show you up" I bite at him, and his face instantly twists into a scowl. 

  "It was just a suggestion" he snaps. 

  "Well, don't suggest." I snap right back. 

  We sit in stony silence. I didn't mean to get nasty with him. I just don't like people bossing me around. He wants me to go out and be a normal teenager. Well, if being a normal teenager means getting shitfaced drunk, losing my virginity to a complete stranger and then acting like a prostitute, then no fucking thank you. I know he doesn't want me to be here all the time, on my own, where I could possibly try to take my life again, he wants to stop worrying about me and know that I'm safe, well, I never asked him to worry about me, at all.