Chapter Thirty - Welcome To The Black Parade.

“What do you mean?” I demand, stepping away from Frank and moving a step closer to my best friend, but Gerard moves away ever so slightly, it’s not a large gesture, but I know him better than anyone, and he plainly doesn’t want me near him. 

  “It means I think I have to leave now” Gerard says, his voice is dull, his eyes pointed at the floor. 

  “You can’t leave!” I scoff at him, moving forward even though I know he doesn’t want me to. 

  “Why not?” he retorts, his gaze sliding up to meet mine, but almost instantly he glances away. 

  “Gerard please, cant we talk about this?” I beg him, moving forward just another small step. 

  “We don’t need to” he says, looking at the floor with a sad eyes. 

  “Gerard-” I start to groan, but Frank’s hand snags my wrist. 

  “I don’t think he is” Frank tells me quietly, although Gerard hears him clearly, my best friend’s eyes narrow nastily. 

  “What?” I ask, looking between the two of them with a puzzled look. 

  “He wants you to notice him, he wants your attention,” Frank looks down at me, his eyes carefully unemotional, but the tightness of his hand around my wrist speaks volumes, his possessive side is showing a little “And obviously you’ll do anything to keep him” he glances down at me then, jealousy practically turns his hazel eyes green. 

  I look at Gerard, to see him looking at the floor determinedly, but I can see guilt on his face from a mile away, I scowl at him. 

  “That isn’t funny, Gerard!” I snap at him angrily “Don’t lie like that! It scares me” I mumble, I twist my hand until Frank lets go of it, although reluctantly I can tell. 

  “Well, I thought Frank would comfort you” Gerard sneers his name. I sigh. 

  “Is that what this is about?” I demand, throwing my hands up in frustration. 

  “That’s what it has always been about!” Gerard suddenly shouts, and I take a startled step back as Gerard storms forward, Frank steps in front of me, fists balled. 

  “Gerard you’re scaring her” Frank growls at him, Gerard glares at Frank with venom. 

  “Fuck you!” Gerard yells at him.

  “Or fucking what?!” Frank shouts right back, Gerard looms down at him, and his pale skin seems to get even whiter, his hazel eyes turn to a ice, hatred swirling in the depths, Frank’s back is turned to me, but I see his body tense, his fists balling and readying for a fight. 

  I duck around Frank and shove myself between them “Stop it!” I exclaim, furious, they’re so close to each other I can easily lay a hand on both their chests, neither of them look at me.

  “You’re a fucking asshole Gerard!” Frank growls at him, he moves his hand to rest it on my waist, ready to yank me out of the way if he needs to. 

  “Oh, I’m the asshole?” Gerard snorts at him “You’re the one who was a bastard to her for years!” 

  “Because it was you who lied and told me she bitched about me all the time and hated me!” Frank gives a harsh laugh. I struggle to keep them from barging into each other. 

  “Because you thought with nothing but your dick!” Gerard yells angrily. 

  “You know it wouldn’t have been like that with her!” Frank shouts, and gives a shove at Gerard’s shoulder.