¿ 3 ?

sam:
me and colby were going for drinks today, but neither of us were nervous because we'd gotten to know eachother pretty well in the last few days. of course, i was gonna dress nice. i assumed he would too. it's something gays do. i just had 5 minutes left on my shift and then i had to get a move on. my shift ended at four, and we were going out at six.
"go, i'll cover for you. i know how long you take to get ready. and i know how important this is to you," jake laughed as he saw me look at the clock twice in the space of thirty seconds.
"thank you, thank you, thank you," i laughed with a grin, throwing my arms around him before leaving. i jogged out front to my car, hopping in with a grin plastered to my face. i was gonna meet colby again - and not just over a counter!

it was 5:10, and i'd just gotten dressed after fussing about what to wear for an hour. i'd ended up wearing red plaid, skinny ripped pants, a black smooth shirt, a black bomber jacket and black vans with red laces. i fixed my hair and put a little hairspray in it, taking me to 5:20.
"what am i meant to do for half an hour?" i mumbled to myself, fiddling with the rings on my fingers. i pulled out my phone from my pocket and messaged colby.

'i'm ready super early, is there any chance we could meet earlier? if not that's totally ok, i just wanted to know x'

i got a reply instantly.

'i was just about to ask the same thing! i'm ready too, should we meet at 35 past? xx'

i smiled and typed my own response;

'sure, i'll come pick you up by then. just send me the address xx'

he sent me his address and we were all set, ready to go on our first sort-of-date. and i was excited.

'you might as well just pick me up now if we're both ready xx'

he messaged again.

'ok, omw xx'

i replied, hopping outside into my car. i started it up and entered his address into my gps, driving there within minutes.

"hey!" i grinned as colby skipped outside to the car, climbing in.
"hey!" he giggled, smiling.
"how are you?" i asked, my grin still plastered on my face as i took in his presence. he still looked as beautiful as ever, and he was wearing white skinny ripped jeans, a black shirt identical to my own, black vans and a black jacket.
"i'm good, how are you?" he was smiling uncontrollably like me.
"i'm good, i'm good. should we get going?" i asked, snapping myself out of my trance of staring at his beauty.
"yeah, of course. how was your shift?" he asked as i started driving.
"eh, pretty quiet. me and jake were having banter behind the counter, then he covered for me for the last 5-10 minutes and let me leave because i take forever to get ready, and then i was ready early anyway. i was kinda hoping you'd show, then i realised you were most probably busy. how was your day?" i explained, the smile that was once on my face still there, prominent as ever.
"well, i slept in until like 10am, and then i was actually gonna go to the shop but i didn't wanna like make it awkward for now? and then it started raining so i didn't wanna go out in the rain too," he explained, looking out the window.
"are you kidding? the rain's my favourite!" i exclaimed, looking over at him with a shocked smile.
"i mean, i guess i could learn to love it all over again. where i used to live it rained all the time, so eventually i got sick of it," he explained, grinning at me.
"ah, i get you. it hardly ever rains here, so when it does it's like heaven for me," i chuckled.

¿

side note; i actually adore rain