one

01 || in a galaxy far, far away...

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!"

SORGAN, OUTER RIM -

The planet of Sorgan was quiet.

The location on the Outer Rim was rather desirable for anyone who wanted to get away, or for anyone just trying to live a life on the down low, not ever wanting to get into trouble with any Empire or Republic, or the grandeur of an epic battle between the Resistance and the First Order.

Sorgan was a place where you would go to never be discovered again, a place that would never be found on the radar of smugglers or bounty hunters or the like. Which, of course, was the perfect place for people who preferred the peace and quiet.

It was perfect for people like Kyra.

Kyra quite liked where she lived. The planet's deep lush forests of different hues of green against the darker browns of the muddy grounds and sturdy trees looked like something that would come out of an art piece. Not to mention the familiarity of the ponds that her family and village resided upon always made the 17 year old feel at peace.

That peace, however, would not stay around for long.

Staring deep into the forest that was just beyond the barricades established by her grandmother and grandfather's generation, Kyra could see no trouble coming from the trees to strike out at the village. Which was good, all things considered.

They hadn't had an attack on this village or planet since the Mandalorian and shock trooper had come in generations before to help her village defeat the Klatoonians.

"Kai Azura!" A sharp voice yelled, the girl turning to see her mother standing over the pond that she was currently knee deep in. "Haven't I told your to get your head out of the clouds and get back to work already?" Kyra's mother's face was one of deep discontent, a frown molded into the very edges of her lips.

"Yes, Ma." Kyra sighed, grabbing her own basket where it stood on the banks of her pond, gripping it within her left hand. "I'll get back to work." She gave her mother a look of annoyance at the fact that she had been pestered again, but wiped the expression off of her face when she saw the anger rising on her mother's own face.

"I swear, every day, you're getting closer and closer to the clouds and getting farther and farther away from what matters!" Her mother fumed, throwing her free hand up in exasperation. "I thought you learned your lesson last harvest season when that frog leaped right into your-"

"Yes Ma, I'm sure we all remember that moment." Kyra groaned, shuddering at the thought of the memory of the blue colored frog jumping into her clothes again. Everyone was laughing at her as she screamed her way through the village, the frog not wanting to jump out. "You don't need to keep bringing it up. It's embarrassing."