eight

08 || to find a space girl

"IT'S TAKEN US FOUR YEARS TO GET ALL THIS INFORMATION FROM OUR SPY

"IT'S TAKEN US FOUR YEARS TO GET ALL THIS INFORMATION FROM OUR SPY. DON'T MESS THIS UP."

RESISTANCE BASE, ILLENIAN SYSTEM-

It had been four years, and Poe had more information from Space Girl about the First Order.

But no information about her.

It had all started with that mission to Corellia, the information that they had gotten about the new Death Star as they called it, and it hadn't stopped from there.

Three months after that, Resistance members had spotted her in Bespin, obtaining some tibanna gas for some First Order mission. She hadn't said much there to give away anything to her identity, but she had left a canister of the gas behind.

The next was a mission five months after Bespin, seven months after Corellia. Coruscant had some droids that spotted  her in the midst of the city, reaching out to an old Empire contact in the midst of the bustling city. She had let the Resistance droids trail her the entire time, allowing them to record the entire conversation she had with the Empire contact, discussing something about "the new weapon". It didn't give them much, but the note was clear- this new Death Star was being built, and Space Girl was trying to thwart the construction of it.

Why? Poe didn't know.

Kijimi was next on the list of planets the First Order spy (if he could call her that, he had no clue what she honestly was for them- a runner? Agent?), showing up two weeks after Coruscant. Poe refused to go to Kijimi, but he had informants on the ground there that had supplied him information that Space Girl was in town. But this time, it wasn't for the new Death Star that was being built. This time, it was for the new Star Destroyers that they were building, and gathering the supplies to create the new cannons that would be on those ships.

Space Girl left that meeting with two copies of the hard drive she had received, giving one to someone that had been spying around her meeting place for Poe, giving it to them. "Try a little better with your spies next time, Poe Dameron." That was the message the pilot received when he got the hard drive.

She didn't show up on the Resistance's radar for another year after that. Poe could only assume that she was doing the dirty work of the First Order, working on their Star Destroyer bases and the ominous new Death Star base that she had informed them that the First Order was building.

When she did show up, it was on Shili, not on a search for something for the new Star Killer base. That time around, Space Girl didn't give the Resistance anything from the mission she had been on. Whatever was inside her pouch glowed (according to the Resistance member he had sent) but she was able to secretly give the Resistance member a new hard drive on the Star Killer base. There was no snarky comment from the girl this time, a sadness in her eyes that hadn't been there before. Reportedly. Poe hadn't been there to see it that time, off on a mission under his cover as a pilot for the New Republic, delivering some important senator he had no desire to remember to some other planet nowhere near Space Girl and her mission.