seventeen

17 || escaping the first order

"NICE SHOT!"

JAKKU, WESTERN REACHES, INNER RIM-

"Stay low!"

The ship, which was already halfway out of blasting into the next system, took a sudden dip when Rey had heard Finn yell that message, the girl yanking the controls stick sharply. The sudden lurch made BB-8 screech in the back, the sounds of him screaming obvious as the ship fell.

"Shit!" Kyra yelled, barely hearing Finn's call over the communications system as the ship leaned left heavily for a moment, barely keeping itself in the sky. "What the hell were you thinking, Rey?!" She questioned, trying to work in cohesion with the girl that was trying to do anything and everything at once inside of the ship.

"I was thinking that I was trying to listen to what Finn said about the First Order! You said you worked inside of there, how come you didn't know that information about the trackers in the stormtrooper's ships?!" Rey fired back, gritting her teeth as she tried to pull away from the sand dunes that were threatening to knock them out entirely.

Suddenly, two TIE fighters came rushing at them from the front, green blasters almost obscuring Rey and Kyra's point of view. Kyra watched as she saw Rey instinctively duck, nervous at the First Order ships that were going to inevitably come back around and start firing towards them.

"I was a mission runner on the ground, not a pilot!" Kyra yelled back, trying to push the buttons that would allow the shields to be raised. If they were going to make it off of this planet in one piece, it would help if they had a little bit of coverage on the ship itself.

Hearing the faint sound of TIE fighters circle back around and come back towards their rear, Kyra looked back at where BB-8 was still cabled into the wall, holding on for dear life. "Finn, if you're going to do something, now would be the time to start doing it!" Kyra exclaimed, her eyes quickly turning back around to focus on the space in front of her.

"I'm working on it!" Finn exclaimed, a jostled yelp coming from him as he tried to focus on how exactly the aiming system worked. "It's not the easiest thing in the world! The damn chair moves!" He groaned, almost getting sick with how sharply the machine moved. "Have you gotten the shields up yet?"

"Yes, but it's not going to give us a lot of coverage for very long!" Rey warned the young man in the gunner position, seeing a nod of confirmation from Kyra to reaffirm that fact. "That means you gotta start firing back, and fast!"

The ship then swerved sharply to the right a little bit, Rey giving a surprised yelp as she accidentally jerked the controls a little bit too far. There was another screech from BB-8, which made the girl's expression mold into a wince. "Sorry about that!" She exclaimed, trying to weave her way around the sand dunes to evade the two First Order ships on her trail.