ten

10 || double agents don't work out

"IF I'VE BEEN FOUND OUT, REN'LL HAVE MY HEAD

"IF I'VE BEEN FOUND OUT, REN'LL HAVE MY HEAD."

MOS EISLEY, TATOOINE-

The encounter with Poe Dameron had left Kyra in the back of an abandoned moisture farm, newly bruised and heart racing.

She couldn't explain why, exactly, but as Kyra presses herself up against the alleyway, carefully watching the man fade from the distance, she let out a small sigh. She hoped that he would make it out of this desolate desert planet alive, and with the information she had given him.

It dawned on her that she had never given him her name, and Kyra almost let out a chuckle at that thought. Such a trivial thing to be worried about, yet something that the Resistance pilot had made such a big deal about not knowing for the amount of time that he had known her.

Oh well, he would just have to find out the next time they encountered each other on one of Kyra's missions.

Making sure that there was no evidence that the two ever met in this alley, Kyra covered up the footprints of Poe and the rolling trail that his droid left with him. However, there was one final thing that she had to do before she could face the troopers that were inevitably coming- and it wasn't going to be pretty, either.

Kyra had to make it look like she had gotten herself into a fight with the Resistance pilot, otherwise she would have no excuse as to why she lost the coordinates. Taking out one of her sea glass knives, Kyra quickly slashed a slice across her cheekbone, not even flinching when she did. If she wanted the First Order to think that Poe had escaped, she had to make it believable.

Giving a deep breath, trying to prepare herself for whatever happened next, Kyra slipped out of the alleyway, pretending to stumble out as if she had been injured. She ran straight into a stormtrooper, who looked rather startled to run into her at that exact moment.

"Solani." The surprised trooper exclaimed, almost standing more rigidly when he made eye contact with her. His gun was pointed to the side, not aimed at her. It seemed like she was safe from suspicion for now.  "We've been looking all over for you."

"Well, I've been looking all over for you, trooper. Where were all of you five minutes ago? I was attacked by that Resistance pilot. He took the coordinates." Kyra pretended to be the most frustrated person in the galaxy, pinching the bridge of her nose as she sighed.

"So you failed the mission?"

"No."  Kyra gave a disapproving look to the trooper, almost as if he was implying that he expected her to fail. "What do you take me for?  I still have the coordinates of the planet that they're on. I was able to memorize it before he took off with it. But we're going to have to hurry if we are going to make it there before them." Kyra explained, pretending to shake herself off, putting on a cool and collected demeanor as blood began to drip down her cheek.