twenty-six

26 || fight for your life

"YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO GET OUT UNSCATHED? UNLIKELY CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING

"YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO GET OUT UNSCATHED? UNLIKELY CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING."

STAR KILLER BASE, FIRST ORDER-

As Kyra stared down Kylo Ren, she could feel her heart racing inside of her chest. His lightsaber, ignited and pointed straight at her, seemed to waver and flicker in the light after the moment that she spoke. There seemed to be a moment in which Kylo Ren analyzed what she was doing, trying to get a gage on the partner that he had fought against for years, but he couldn't find anything that would give him any clue to what she was thinking.

Suddenly, he charged. It was an attack of impulse, one that Kyra had planted her feet firmly into the catwalk for. She had prepared for this kind of attack as he sliced his saber down from the top of his right shoulder, trying to use a more forceful move to unsteady her.

Kylo Ren knew that he had much more power than Kyra had in terms of strength- and he would use that to his advantage.  That was the way that Ren always fought, and it was a situation that had played out over and over again in their years of training with each other.

It was funny how predictable the sith lord in training was becoming.

Blocking the attack with her saber gripped in both hands, Kyra tried to make sure that Ren's overwhelming size and strength against her wasn't going to completely overpower her on the first block. "I've gotta say, I didn't expect you to go so textbook with your plays." Kyra teased, seeing a shift in his movements, the subtle note of rage being driven into his next actions.

Ren raised his bright red saber again, Kyra moving the saber as quickly as she could before he moved again. It was an attack the same as the first, this time the saber moving higher and faster so that he could strike her down even more quickly than he had before. "My training never fails me." Kylo Ren hissed back at her as Kyra struggled to return her saber to a neutral position before blocking his attack yet again. "Although it is funny to see you on the defensive for once, Solani. Normally you're the one that does all the killing and makes the first move."

"You'll find that there are some new things that are up my sleeve." Kyra gritted, her face tuned in with concentration as she kept her feet planted firmly in the ground, the force of having to hold off Kylo Ren's attack getting easier as she watched his footing slowly lose its hold on the catwalk. Ripping Luke's saber away quickly from the locked position that it had been with Ren's, she brought the weapon straight above her head, striking down on a surprised Kylo Ren.

The man barely had any time to react before he had to create a defense for himself, undercutting his blade so that he would be able to deflect the attack on time. Their blades met in another clash of fury, Han, Chewie, Fox, Finn, and Rey all watching from different views inside of the oscillator of the battle that was ongoing in front of them.