three

03 || the first mission

(gif by starkvader )

"IT'S A CHANCE TO GET OUTTA THIS HELLSCAPE. HOW COULD WE NOT SAY YES?"

STAR KILLER BASE, FIRST ORDER-

Kyra paused for a moment, seeing Ren's outstretched hand, the small device inside almost tempting her. The First Order signia was branded into it, a dull, lustless shine coming from the black drive. It seemed like nothing at first, but for Kyra, it meant so much more than a mission for the First Order.

This was a chance at freedom.

An opportunity to escape.

And Kyra was going to take that opportunity, without hesitation.

Carefully taking the drive from the man's gloved hand, Kyra stared up at the masked Ren, her small stature hiding within the shadows of his looming one. "What catch is there to this?" She gripped the drive carefully, having some sort of feeling that there was a catch to it.

"There is none." Kylo Ren bluntly spoke, not answering any questions more than that. "We simply desire you to complete the task that is required on the drive. The Supreme Leader believes your experience in the battlefield is more than enough to complete the task at hand."

"And what does your Supreme Leader want with me?" Kyra tried to disguise her sneer within her voice at the fact that she was being called upon by a "higher order" within the First Order, one that had commanded she be taken in and trained  this way in the first place.

"He believes you have the power and strength to become someone of great power in the First Order." Was all the man simply answered, turning to look down upon her. "Now that you have your questions out of the way, are you ready to be briefed on this mission?"

Kyra gave the man a hesitant nod, earning a smile  from underneath the man's mask. "Good. Follow me." He whirled around from where he stood in the hallway, walking towards the windowed part of the Star Killer Base. Technology littered the area in front of the window, one of the machines something that Kyra immediately identified as a hologram projector.

Walking up to the machine, the girl saw Kylo wait for her expectantly to plug the drive in, which she did in an orderly manner, stepping back to see the hologram flicker to life. The blue outline of the base was shown first.

"This, as you might remember, is our Star Killer base that we are currently building. By now you must know about all of the rumors that have come about why our project has been in such deep delay for such an amount of time." Gesturing to move the hologram, on to whatever next was projected, the blue outline of the base disappeared.