twenty-five

25 || calling the shots

"IF WE'RE GOING TO ESCAPE, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO THINK THIS THROUGH

"IF WE'RE GOING TO ESCAPE, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO THINK THIS THROUGH. SO THINK, FINN, NOT ACT ON IMPULSE."

STAR KILLER BASE, FIRST ORDER-

The complex hallways of the Star Killer base were rushing with activity when Kyra and Fox peeked their heads out at the end of the hallway. There were stormtroopers around every single hallway, and there was so much commotion that it was almost overwhelming.

"We don't have much time, Kyra." Finn hastily whispered to her, reminding her that there were most likely countless X-Wings in flight above them trying to blow the hell out of the thermal oscillator. "We're going to have to find-"

"Finn, quiet!" Kyra hissed, whipping back around to squeeze herself back into the corner that she had been hiding behind. "You talk any louder and I'm not going to be able to hear anything. Remember?" She hastily lifted up her hair on the right side of her face, shutting the man up immediately.

Fox, who was on the same side as Kyra and Finn, gave a soft worried look over at Kyra. There was evidently a lot more to catch up on than he had ever anticipated, that was for sure. "The corridor should just be down this way." Fox whispered to the two, trying to ignore the fact that he had just seen something horrifying that had happened to his best friend.

"Alright then, let's get a move on." Han gruffly spoke from the other side of the hallway, getting impatient with the amount of small talk that was occurring between the three former First Order members. "Finn is right about one thing- we don't have much time."

Giving a small nod of confirmation, Kyra turned around towards the hallway, seeing that it was clear. She ran out into the open, her blaster still gripped in her right hand, seeing a rock hallway ahead of her, a dead end on her part. This was the only way that she could've gone, so where-

There were footsteps to her right, Kyra and Finn turning to see Rey standing in front of her, blaster gripped by her side. There was a look of surprise on the young scavenger's face when she saw her two friends standing in front of her- Han, Chewie and another stranger close behind them.

In that moment, the three of them just stared at each other, Kyra and Finn grateful to have found their friend, while Rey was just grateful to have escaped the First Order. A small smile lit up Rey's face as she gave a surprised chuckle of relief, wanting to do nothing more than just hug her friends in that moment.

Han stepped forward to the open space in the hallway, taking the gun from Rey that she was wielding with caution. "You all right, kid?" He questioned, scanning her for any injuries that she would have received while under the careful watch of his son. After all, Kyra had come out of the First Order with some nasty injuries- he wanted to make sure that Rey didn't have any.