six

06 || debrief

"I DID THE BEST I COULD

"I DID THE BEST I COULD."

STAR KILLER BASE, FIRST ORDER-

Kyra couldn't stop grinning.

Holding the new machine part that she had obtained from the stupid Resistance pilot, Kyra looked at 4236 from the copilot seat, her smile growing even wider than before. 4236, focused on the task at hand, couldn't really notice the smile plastered on her face- but 6978 did.

"Would you wipe that cocky smirk off your face?" The older trooper groaned, already dressed back into his old attire of a Stormtrooper outfit, his mask still off. "You're going to get nowhere in the First Order if you start strutting around like you're the shit."

Giving a killer death glare back at 6978, Kyra propped her feet up on the dash, careful not to push any of the buttons on the ship. "What I can't celebrate this victory for even a second? We got what we wanted. We outsmarted the Resistance."

"Yeah, but it won't take long for them to start creating countermeasures against what you just did. I'm sure that the pilot who you just tricked is going to go running back to his base with his tail between his legs, whimpering to his leader about how he got tricked by a girl by the First Order." 6978 pointed out, earning a sigh from 4236.

"6978, just let her have this one. We don't always need to be thinking about the repercussions of everything that we do. We have time..." The man put the spaceship in stasis, allowing it to just float through space. "To celebrate our victory." Looking to his left compartment, 4236 pulled out a flask, waving it in front of Kyra and 6978's faces.

"Is that booze?" Kyra looked at the flask with a grin, snatching it out of 4236's hand, opening the cap and giving it a sniff. Smelling the strong scent of alcohol, something she hadn't smelt since her village in Sorgan, Kyra gave a giggle.

"Don't go all out yet, Princess. We still have to get back to the Star Killer base in a few hours. Ren would probably notice if you strolled into his base all out of your mind."

"Drunk." 6978 corrected, pinching his temple as his watched his inferiors smile at each other with a knowing look. "You mean if she gets herself drunk, Ren is literally going to tear her apart into a million pieces and scatter her remains across the galaxy."

"Don't be a buzzkill, 6978." 4236 groaned, taking a swig of the alcohol, the taste burning his throat as it went down. "Let the kid live a little. We might be the only chance that she gets to let her live in the outside world. Princess here can't be trapped in a cell her entire life and not know how to enjoy her time here."

The two troopers had a staring match for a moment, eye contact being held between them until 6978 gave a small sigh, his eyes showing a bit of discomfort as he looked over at Kyra. "Kai, you better not get too crazy. I really don't want to explain to Phasma why I'm carrying in two very intoxicated First Order members into the Star Killer base."