Year 1, chapter 4. Double double toil and trouble detention

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤💜🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤💜🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

"Really, I'm your sister tell me already."
Harry shakes his head. "I can't I'm sorry Rosabel." I frown and cross my arms. "Why can't you?"
He seems to be avoiding me, which is something he really doesn't do often. Only when he is weary. That in its self raises a question, what is he hiding?
"Because you're in Slytherin."
I roll my eyes, and scoff. Oh how ironic.

"What's that suppose to mean?"
He looks away from me as if someone was watching him.
"For goodness sake Harry as your sister and, not as a Slytherin please tell me." He sighs, finally I'm getting through to him.

"You know the three-headed dog, well his name is fluffy..."
I punch him in the arm.
"I don't care about the bloody dog Harry, I want to know about the sorcerers stone."
Harry looks stunned. "You know about that?"
I shrug. "I may have eavesdropped on a conversation or two with your friends," I said it very nonchalantly, giving him a reason that I don't care about the consequences.

"The sorcerers stone, was crafted by Nicholas Flemmel." He pauses for second looking into my eyes.
"Anyone a hold of the stone can craft a potion of immortality."
I gasp at such a thought, the very idea of excites me.

"And well fluffy is guarding it, and Snape is after it."
I squinted my eyes. "Liar Snape is trying to protect the stone."
Harry sighs then looks at his feet.
"I knew you would defend him, look I have evidence that he is."
I snicker. "Oh really where is your proof?"

"Well first he curses my broom, then he has a scar on his leg proving that he attempted to go past the secret door."
I roll my eyes. "There was another person in the room, I don't know who it was, but I bet Snape was trying to stop him."

Harry looks at me suspiciously.
"Wait how do you know?"
I stop for a moment and look at him sheepishly, great I thought now I've done it.
"I just do."
"Yeah right, I bet you saw Dumbledore in his knickers dancing the jig while you were at it." He stops. "Now I can't that disturbing image out of my head."

I chuckle. "Well you said it not me."  He groans. "Look Rosabel whatever you do, don't trust Snape."
I smile. "Be careful what you say, he is after all, right behind you."
"What!" He turns around nearly bumping into him.

"Potter pay attention, Miss. Potter detention with me, now."
"Yes professor."
I followed close behind, eyeing Harry trying to tell him this conversation isn't over.
As we make our way to the dungeon, I notice Snape walking funny. He is still limping badly from Fluffy's attack.

"Did you see the nurse about your leg?" I await an answer, but apparently, he rather keep quiet.
"The silent treatment, very mature of you Professor Snappy-Pants."
I cover my mouth. Stupid, stupid, stupid me. He turns around, so fast it made my head spin.

"I've about had enough out of you to last a lifetime, 50 points from Slytherin." I drop my hands from my mouth and continue forward. Really I should learn how to keep my shut.
"And he speaks, also that's a lot of points for you take away from your own house, clearly you must hate me so."

Again he is silent, and he is the rest of the way there. When we enter his office he sits down at his chair. Leaving me standing there staring at him like an idiot. After a few minutes I couldn't take it, so I spoke up.
"So am I here to just stand and twiddle my thumbs, or do you got something for me to do?"
He doesn't raise his head from whatever he is doing.

Then I decided to test his patience, I move about his room looking at the different size cauldrons, different types of books, and Ingredients for potions. I pick up a flask with purple liquid inside. I heard a book slam onto the floor making me jump, and of course the flask falling right out of my hand. The content spilling all over the floor. Oh, I'm on a roll today, I believe I have broken the last straw.

Snape is by side in an Instant, pulling me away from the sticky mess.
"You ignorant clumsy girl, that flask might have had contents that could've killed you." He turns me around so I could like him his dark eyes. "Another 50 points taken from Slytherin, for you poor lack of judgment Miss. Potter."

"I don't care about the house cup and its silly points, take what you will."
He growls. "Have you always been selfish, or is it your jealousy of your brother driving it out of you?"
Why, why did he have to bring up Harry. That's like an Instant invite for my bad temper.
I tried to shove him away from, even though I know it's futile. But I want to make it clear I didn't want him around.

"Go away!" He doesn't move an inch. He sneers. "You're in detention now Potter, I will treat as I see fit." I couldn't take it anymore the tears started pouring down my face.
"I'm sorry, okay, I'm sorry I've been an insufferable pain in the neck, I'm sorry I called you stupid name, I'm sorry for breaking your flask and touching things that aren't mine, and I'm sorry for not treating you with respect." I take a breath, trying to stop my tears from falling.

"Please, just... leave me alone, like I always am." I pleaded, though I fear it fell on deaf ears.
He pulled on my robe bringing me closer to him.
"Now your true side has come out, weak and pathetic, do you really think I..."
he stops in mid-sentence when he looks into my teary green eyes. His face formed an expression, of confused one to be exact.

He lets go of my robes.
"Just get out of here." He said that in the most gentlest voice possible, I most likely will never hear that tone again. As rushed out of office and classroom.

Running uncontrollably I bumped into somebody.
"Potter, oh it's the unlucky twin sister." I get up and out all the people I could've ran into, it had to be Draco Malfoy.
"Stuff it Malfoy, I'm not in the mood for your tedious games."
He snickers and pulls my red hair.
"Did I touch a nerve Potter?" I glare at him half tempted to pull out my wand.
"You know Draco, arrogance is unbecoming of a Slytherin."

I walk away not thinking about Draco or Snape. No I need to focus on being the best, and only being the best.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤💚🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤
Thank you for reading!