Year 6, chapter 27. Professor Party.

💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚I stand at the door to Slughorn's office

💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚
I stand at the door to Slughorn's office. I really don't want to be here. Not so much that I don't want to party, it's more I'm the only one attending without a date. I'm always the odd Slytherin, maybe I should have asked to go to Gryffindor.

Then again It would be worse there. I sigh as open the door to the party. I ask myself why I joined the Slughorn club. It's not like I'm taking potions this year, I mean I passed with flying colors last year. I would have taken extra credit if Snape was in potions. But he is the DADA teacher. However, as odd as this is Snape is a better potions Professor than a DADA one.

I think this because he was more active in potions than in DADA, which I find very interesting. Because I would think you need to be more present in DADA. Because we are using, and studying magic. Though I've seen what a blown up cauldron or tiny spill could do, and it's not pretty.

As I stand near a gold glittery curtain, I see Hermione freaking out. I start to pull the curtain back when Harry appeared, I decided it was best to leave them to it.
I see another person approach, handsome but he walks with arrogance and pride.

As I'm not interested, I now spot Snape going behind the curtain. My heart beats in excitement when I see him. But I realized it is all in vain, for he is playing the same ignore and silent treatment game. But I could try to get his attention, after he talks to Harry of course.

I walk closer to eavesdrop,
"I'm here to convey a message."
I roll my eyes, I knew that, why else would he be here. I'm glad he not here for the dragon balls. A completely barbaric thing to do to dragons if you ask me.

It turns out my lovely brother is having meetings with Headmaster Dumbledore. I guess it only needs to know, but still Harry needs to come and tell some of these things. Or at least I feel I need him to tell me things. Although I'm sure if it is really important Dumbledore would have me involved too.

Once I see Snape walking away I can't help but say a nice friendly hi.
"Good evening, Professor Snappy-pants."
He stops, but doesn't turn around. But his is head sightly turns to where he could barely see me.
"Good night, Miss Potter." His tone was surprisingly soft. As
I watch him try to make a dramatic exit, but he spots Draco Malfoy.

Curious as to why this concerns him. But that's when I realized it isn't because he crashed the party, it because he was lurking in the upstairs room.
I follow close behind, maybe I will find out if Katie Bell was cursed by Draco, if so I will see to it that everyone knows.

I walk to the opposite side of the corridor, funny I spot Harry as well. I stand next to him.
"Rosabel what are you doing here?"
"Having a late-night chat with you, but in all seriousness I came to spy on Professor Snape and Draco, which I believe you're doing as well," I whispered this quietly, and Harry nods in response.

After the little conversation, it's official of two things. Draco cursed Katie Bell, and Snape made an unbreakable bond to protect him.
But why Draco is nothing but a whiny little boy who can't seem to find his big boy pants.
No matter what destructive things he does, for it pales in comparison to the things that are happening nowadays.

I don't consult with Harry, for he has already left. Why does he do this to me, leave me out of things? Now it doesn't make any sense because I witnessed this. I guess it doesn't matter, but I do know when Katie wakes up I will have to chat with her.

I decided not to go back to the party, and head of to see Ivory, which I know is the common room. I'm still haunted by my actions towards her. I kinda wish she didn't forget so we could repair our bond instead of me suffering every time I look at her. Though I guess knowing her she would never forgive me, and I would still be in the same sinking boat.

As a reach the dungeons, it feels even colder than normal. I find it funny that we are house in the dungeons for its obviously colder and snakes are cold-blooded.
So in this instance I would be dead if I was a snake, that's how cold it is down here.

Ivory is sitting on the couch, staring up into space.
I sit next to her hugging her shoulders. "I've been trying to remember who attack me for the past three months."
I shiver, and it's not because of the cold. "But no matter how much I try I only see darkness."

"I would just try and forget about it," I say solemnly. I hold her tighter, this is not the conversation I want to have here, or ever.
"No! I want my revenge, even if the scars have healed, nobody gets away with harming me!"
She practically shouts this, and which I rub her back, she needs to let this go, because If she doesn't I will feel compelled to tell her truth.

No I have to keep this hidden, for this goes beyond me, it reflects the whole school. Ivory will just have to get over it. For all our sakes, though I think I know deep down she will never let it go.
"Ivory, why don't you get some sleep you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow, as you will be going home for Christmas."
She shakes her head.
"I don't want to sleep." She pulls herself off of me, I look up at her in sadness.

"It doesn't matter how much sleep I get I'll have a whole week vacation to rest, but I rather focused on..."
I stand up. "What's done is done, please just let it go." I cut her off.
Her deep brown orbs start to water as she burst into tears.

"Do you know what it's like being tortured and forgetting it actually happened, to not know who did it," she yells in anger. But I try my best to ignore it.
"Ivory you know damn well I understand, about the only difference is I know who did it and there was nothing I could do about it." I take in a deep breath trying to control my anger.
"I believe that's even worse, at least you forgot the agony, and the wretched face of your attacker.

In this case her memory would be flooded with harrowing thoughts of me, and a never-ending face of her friend who enjoyed torturing her. I start to feel uneasy about it all, Ivory must have noticed. As she walks over and hugs me tight.
"I'm sorry, I know that I'm being petty, you suffer more than any person I know, how could I be so arrogant."

"It's because you never been through something remotely close to what happened, you're still trying to reel your head around the whole situation, know that it is not worth it anymore, for I will not allow anyone to harm you again."

She pulls away from me, sightly stunned. "I'm fine, you don't have to go on the heroic speech."
I grin with joy, thank heavens and Merlins dimension that she will eventually let it go. I know I made a promise I cannot keep.
Well at least the promise goes on my end, for I will never allow myself to be lost in hatred like that again. Unless it's Voldemort himself, to which I will make him suffer as much as many of the lives he has taken.
💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍

End of year 6, chapter 27 Professor Party.