{Poe Dameron} Wing Walker

You wake up to the sound of your alarm clock singing its message to get up. You groan and slowly get out of bed to start your day. After a quick shower, you braid your hair back into a bun, pull on your orange flight suit, and head to the mess hall for breakfast.
     There, you meet up with both Black Squadron and your squadron, Red Squadron. They each say good morning as you sit down among them. As you eat, they mess around by starting a small food fight which is ended the second Commander Poe Dameron steps into the room. Snap Wexley is covered in this morning's grits and Jessica Pava has crumbs all in her hair from the childish fight. You were lucky to escape with only a smudge of jelly on your vest from the crossfires of Jess and Snap. As Poe walks over to the table, the two attempt to go back to their quarters and change before he notices, but he calls out before they make it to the door, "I saw it. You better come back clean and ready for drills."
The whole table erupts in laughter as they take the walk of shame back to their quarters. Poe comes and takes a seat next to you. He notices the smudge on your vest and chuckles , "Not you too ____. I thought that I could trust you." He looks at you mock-hurt. You look down at your vest.
"Don't worry Flyboy. I just got caught in the crossfires. I would never dream of starting a food fight." You say sarcastically.
"Right. You would just pull crazy stunts like wing walking and spice running, but never anything as petty as a food fight." He jokes with you. The table looks up at the mention of wing walking.
"____, you never told us you were a wing walker. That's insane!" You shake your head at them.
"Because I wasn't." You glare at Poe for bringing it up, but he's enjoying this way too much to stop now.
"She was, I saw it with my own eyes." You smack his arm, knowing he's going to tell the story despite any protests you might make.
"Before ____ and I joined the Resistance, we lived on Yavin 4, as neighbors. Both of our families were a part of the Rebellion. Her parents were engineers, and my mother was a pilot while my father was a soldier. Anyway, as children, we became best friends and did everything together. Including learn to fly. Up until my mother died, she taught us both to fly and we kept it up after she was gone.
     So one morning, a local from town asked us to pick up some supplies while we were off-world for some um-business. In order to return back with our cargo, we had to take separate ships. However, when we were returning from our last run-I-uh-mean business thing. My landing gear began to malfunction due to a hit I had taken. Instead of letting me crash land it, which I easily could have by the way, ____ here decided to leave her ship with only an astromech to steer and walk across the wings of both her starfighter and my cargo ship to help me fix it. With her help we quickly fixed the landing gear, and she walked back to her ship, got into her cockpit, and landed without a hitch." The pilots at the table all look at you in awe.
     "I think he's forgetting one detail though." You look back to him. He looks confused. "He forgot the part where he yelled at me all the way from my ship to his and all the way back. Also, the part where I saved his life." You smirk at him and he nods his head.
     "You're right." He admits.
     "I know." You give him a peck on the cheek and stand up with your squadron to leave.
     Just then, Jessica and Snap walk back in. "What did we miss?"

A/N This might be my favorite one so far. Poe is probably one of my favorite characters overall so it makes his more fun to write. To those who have seen Rise of Skywalker, I hope you noticed a small reference.
May the Force be with you!
- Sarah