{Din Djarin} Pregnant [Request]

A loud gasp escaped your lips as the plastic pregnancy stared you down with a single word: pregnant. The test slipped from your fingers, and it hit the ground with a clatter. From outside the door, you could hear Cara Dune, your closest friend ask, "You alright in there?"

      Dank Farrik. Hurriedly, you trashed the test and began to think of an excuse, "I-uh...my shirt fell."

      With that, you walked out of the bathroom, hoping your lie had fooled the Rebel shock-trooper. However, her face told a different story, "____, I know that shirts are relatively light and don't make flattering noises when they hit the ground, so would you care to explain what's going on?"

       So much for keeping it a secret now. You sighed in defeat, "Cara, I—I think I'm...Cara, I'm pregnant."

      "What?! This is great news!" Cara grabbed your hands in hers resisting the urge to girlishly bounce with excitement, "I'm gonna be an aunt! You've gotta tell Din! He's gonna be so—"

      "Cara, stop!" You yelled, tears pooling in your eyes. "This isn't good news at all. I'm kriffin pregnant! Din will be so upset about this. He's a Mandalorian with a much different culture where children outside of their culture are frowned upon out of wedlock! Can't you see where that will leave me? Alone."

      The rebel rolled her eyes, "____, that man is crazy about you. Why can't you see that? This child won't change too much. If you're so concerned about the Mandalorian culture, just talk to him about it. You know he's never-"

        Your hands flew up in the air in frustration, "You don't understand. Why would you?"

You stormed out of the building, frustrated as ever. No one else would understand. You were not a Mandalorian. You were and outcast to everyplace you had ever been. Right when you started to fit in, you felt as if you had screwed it up. Serves me right for thinking I could ever belong anywhere, much less with anyone.

As you walked home, you noticed that your vision was blurry almost...dream-like.

•••

You didn't remember blacking out, but when you came to, you immediately noticed the familiar feel of your shared bed with Din. It smelled like pine and new beskar while being incredibly soft. However, something was missing: Din. You stretched out your hand to feel for him, but he wasn't there. Cara looked down at you from where she stood beside you, "____, are you okay?"

       You sat up quickly, scanning the room for anyone else. When you saw nobody except your closest friend, you gave in with a sigh, "To be completely honest, no." You swung your legs over the side of the bed, "I'm really worried about this baby and even more so, Din's reaction to the news. It's not that we haven't discussed the possibility, but we both know that with Moff Gideon out there and the threat that the Empire brings, now is not exactly a prime time to start a family. That's not even mentioning his culture and the rules that this child breaks there." You started wringing your hands as you spoke, "I'm afraid he'll leave me Cara. He's been nothing but good to me, but I'm so scared of how he will react. What if he wants nothing to do with me anymore? I wouldn't be able to take a loss like that. I love him, but it all comes down to if he loves me too."

       Cara's mouth dropped, "You think he doesn't love you? ____, open your eyes! That man has crossed the galaxy for you, left the only life he ever knew to keep you and the child safe from the Empire, and he even makes trips back to Nevarro despite the danger it poses of coming back here just to see you! If you ever say that he doesn't love you, it's because your blinded by your worry. Hell, you're the only one out of us that has actually seen his face, or well, I'm assuming because of ya know, you're pregnant." She made you chuckle. "See, Mando would quite literally rearrange the stars for you. Now, I think it's time we let him know." The rebel knocked on the bedroom door, "Come on, Mando. I can hear your boots trying to sneak away." What?! How much of that did he hear?

      The door opened to reveal Din, caught sneaking towards the front door. He turned back as if he were sheepishly smiling underneath the helmet. Cara just rolled her eyes and left the room, "Don't either of you leave this house until this is resolved, got it?"
After the both of you nodded, she left, grinning all the way out the door.

After she left, Din was the first to speak, "____, do you really believe that I don't love you?" He stood rigidly in the doorway, scared to reach out for you like he usually would. You could hear the hurt in his tone as he asked, "Do you think I'll leave you? Why?"

You started to speak, but the words were caught in your throat. I can't tell him. I can't. Instead, you lowered your head, not looking at him as you searched for another excuse.

He took off his helmet, "____, please. I need to know."

You took a deep breath before raising your head to tell him, "Din, I'm pregnant."

His eyes widened as his jaw fell open, "You're what?"

You panicked, "Yeah. I-uh, it's just that I know that you're um Mandalorian cult-convent-kinda-culture doesn't—,"

You were cut off by Din smashing his lips to yours. He poured all of himself into that kiss as he held you tight in his arms. When he finally pulled away, you began to cry, "I'm sorry, Din."

He brushed the falling hair from your face and chuckled, "There's nothing to be sorry for, darling. I'm finally going to be what I never had, a father, and ____, I can't wait."

You looked at him with confusion, "But what about the creed?"

He shrugged, "I guess this means we'll be our own little clan. Clan Djarin, with me, you, and this little one." He lovingly placed a hand on your stomach. "I love you, ____. I hope you know that."

You wrapped your arms tightly around him as you laid your head on his chest, "I do, and I love you too, my dear."

author's note:
     i'm trying to keep it spoiler-free with this chapter because i know a couple friends who haven't seen all of season two yet, but i hope you enjoyed this one-shot requested by @Ottersandbooks
May the Force be with you!
- Sarah