{Finn} The Girl He Left Behind Pt. 2

"Ready, pal?" Poe Dameron calls from the cockpit of a transport ship, "I'm not going to have time to land, you're going to have to jump. Don't worry, I'll get you as close as I can."
Finn takes a shaky breath, "I can do this. I can do this."
     Poe yells from the cockpit, "It's now or never, Finn."
     When Finn opens his eyes, he realizes he's not falling. I'm on the ground? Finn looks up, but the transport is already gone, leaving Finn in stormtrooper armor, alone on the planet of Vardos. Okay, I'm here. Now I need to blend in.
     He spots a squad marching towards one of the main buildings. Quickly, he falls in line as if he had been with them the whole time. It felt strange to be back. It's been years since I've seen this place, weeks since I've had to march on patrol. Yet he fell into step as if it were natural.
As he walked the streets, he saw the tightening grip of the First Order's troopers. Where there would be normal banter, there was silence. This is my fault. I heard security tightened when I deserted, but I didn't realize it would affect troopers as well. Suddenly, a TIE landed at the end of the platform this squad was patrolling. He saw two troopers climb out, a cadet and a trooper in black armor with red accents. Who could that be?
Finn didn't realize he voiced his question until the trooper in front of him replied, "That's Captain (Your Intials)-2186. I've heard she's taken over from Captain Phasma until she returns." Finn's march falters as he begins struggling to breath.
"FN-2187, report to conditioning immediately."
"Captain, he hasn't received his morning portion—"
"(Y/I)-2186, this is not a concern of yours."
"Captain Phasma, conditioning could take all day, without his portion, how will not be able to endure conditioning more than a couple hours at most."
"Cadet, since you are so willing to see he receives his portion, you will give him your own. You will be expected to go without a portion until FN-2187 returns. Any complaints will result in your termination from the stormtrooper program. Am I understood?"
The smaller cadet straightened up, "Understood, captain." She handed him her morning portion without hesitation.
The captain walked off, most likely to prepare the chamber for conditioning. When the smaller cadet was certain the captain was gone, she took off her helmet. "I'm (Y/I)-2186. One day, I'm going to take her job and make sure that troopers and cadets are treated with compassion, not like slaves to the First Order."
The other cadet took off his helmet, "You could get kicked out for a statement like that."
The girl shrugged, "So what? I'm not stormtrooper material. I've been told that my whole life. The worst they could do is stick me in janitorial duties for the rest of my life. At least I'd get away from her."
The boy smiled, "That makes two of us."

•••••••••••••••••••

You help FN-4260 out of the cockpit of the TIE fighter, "You did well for your first time. Next time, remember to relax a little bit—" That's when you see a trooper on patrol crumple to his knees, unconscious. Out of worry for the trooper's health, you sprint over to them. His squad has moved on, not noticing his absence. That's odd. Squads don't often leave one of their own...
     Without a second thought, you remove the trooper's helmet. No. No. No. This can't be. You recognize the trooper immediately as the boy you grew up with, the boy you trained with, and the boy who left you behind that fateful day. FN-2187.

Star Wars: Imagines/One-Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें