CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ➵ THUNDER PALACE

"I was actually hoping you'd say that

"I was actually hoping you'd say that." Dealana's smirk morphed into a look of determination. She wasn't going to lose. Not to Bickslow. Not to Laxus. Bickslow was only a hurdle she had to get over before the real battle got underway. 

Dealana jumped into the air to avoid the attacks of Bickslow's 'babies' and landed on a cloud a few feet out from the balcony. Her fists were engulfed in storms before she leapt forward, appearing behind Bickslow in an instant.

As she swung, Bickslow was a step ahead of her and dodged effortlessly. "You're gonna have to try harder than that, little Lana!"

"Little Lana! Little Lana!"

Dealana growled and launched herself up and flung her storm covered arms in his direction, "Storm Dragon Wing Attack!" 

Laughing, Bickslow dodged with use of acrobatics but as the smoke cleared, Dealana smirked. The real targets had been destroyed, his 'babies'. However before she could relish in the moment, she was hit with a blast of magic from behind. She grunted in pain as crashed back down to the ground, recovering slowly.

Floating behind her, were new dolls from the toy store nearby.

"Damn." Dealana spit to the side as she watched his new dolls float around him, "This may be harder than I thought." she muttered while Bickslow laughed.

Back at Fairy Tail, Evergreen had just been defeated by Erza and the girls were released from their stone states. "Well, Laxus! You're all out of hostages, boy. Can't continue with your game now, can you?" Makarov said triumphantly. The girls were quickly filled in on Laxus' game and they weren't amused.

A red skull hologram made out of runes had appeared and from it came Laxus' voice informing them of the change in rules. He activated the Thunder Palace. Not long after, Makarov collapsed and Mira ran off to get his medicine. The rest of them went to figure out what the Thunder Palace was, which only ended with Bisca seriously injured by taking out just one of the lacrima.

"We've gotta take down Laxus and fast." Cana informed them.

"Okay, in the meantime, I'll help the citizens evacuate." Lucy nodded, before the distant rumbling of thunder caught their attention.

"Woah! Look over there!" Happy commented on the brewing storm clouds in a corner of Magnolia.

"What's with the weather all of a sudden?" Gajeel questioned before the runes updated and Happy read them out loud.

"Dealana versus Bickslow, in progress."

"Do you think she'll be able to win?" Lucy asked knowing of all the recent struggles with magic.

"Oh, yeah!" Natsu cheered, "She's got this easy."

"Don't forget, Dealana used to train with the Thunder Legion and Laxus before they grew apart." Happy reminded them.