Chapter 17. The mission

"Markarov Dreyar, we need Lucy for a 8 year misson.  If she doesn't attend she'll be forced to go to another land for a different misson for a longer time period. If she does attend this misson she'll become the 11th Wizard Saint. You'll have 4 days to respond. If this the positive respond she'll leave 2 days after.

-The Magic council"

Makarov read over the letter a million times. He stood up from his seat and walked to the main floor of the guild and walked over to Lucy and Laxus.

"I need to speak with you two in my office" Makarov spoke.

They both nodded and the three of them walked to his office but quickly asked Mira to watch Luke. 

Makarov handed the note to Lucy and Laxus.

"What?" Laxus asked while looking up. 

Lucy looked sad as she stare at the letter in her hands.

"I'll go on the misson" she finally said but in a quite voice.

Lucy left the office and walked down the stairs and over to Mira.

"What is she talking abou!" Laxus yelled at Makarov. 

Lucy picked up Luke and and told Mira to tell laxus that she was going to the park. When Lucy walked out it was sunset, but luckily it was warm out. Lucy walk to the park with Luke.

"Mommy why are we at the park?" Luke asked.

Lucy sat him on a bench.

"Hunny...mommy needs to leave for a long time-" Lucy tried to explain.

"What why!? Mommy you can't leave me here!" Luke yelled with tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry baby, but mommy needs to leave town for a few years. I have to leave in 2 days. So how about we make these last 2 days all about me, you, and daddy okay?" Lucy explained and held his hands.

Laxus came out behind a tree, since the entrance was covered in them and came to sit next to Luke. 

2 days later

Lucy had some bags pack, and had Virgo keep them in the celestial world and was ready to leave. She kissed Laxus and Luke goodbye.

"I still think this is a terrible idea and you're making a bad decision." Laxus said coldly.

"Not now laxus" Lucy said. "Luke, honey...I'll be back before you know it"

Lucy kissed them both again. Lucy picked up Luke and handed him to laxus.

"Hey Dear" Lucy asked.

"What" he grunted.

Lucy grabbed his coat and ran off as fast as she can to the train station and jumped on the train. It was funny because Laxus fell over and got dragged outside for a bit.