[ Chapter 11 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

I lie my head on my hand while I play with the cup, looking inside to see my reflection from the the alcohol.

I sigh as I just continue to stare.

" You alright? " I look up at the bartender.

He has dirty blond hair and hazel eyes.

" I'm still grieving Alaric " I said.

" When you grieve, you drink a lot, so far, your still on your first cup, you haven't took a sip " he said.

" I don't know " I said as I look back down.

" What's the progress? " He asked.

" I stopped " I said.

He rest his arms on the table and place a rag next to him.

" Your giving up? " He asked.

" Apparently, the more I get close the more people get s. . . .killed " I whisper the last part

" And you just realized that?, That's not the Y/n I know " he said.

" Joanna was killed " I look up at him as I put down the cup.

" What? " He asked.

" Poor old Jo was greeted hello by a bullet to the chest " I said.

" How? " He asked.

" Someone clearly knows that I am close to knowing where Cole is, and decided to kill someone and make the same and always has been the same dead end I've been for me, while I tried to figure it out for past three years " I said.

" And you gave up? " He asked.

" I have to, it's pointless " I said and finish my bourbon in one go.

" Did you tell Gem? " He asked, I shake my head.

" You know how it feels like to lose a mother " I slide the cup to him as I sigh. He hummed in response.

Alaric's mother had a brain tumor when he was 16, she passed away a few months after she was diagnosed with it.

He stood up, grab a bottle of bourbon behind him on the shelf, he opens the cap and about to pour it in my cup when I move it away and he spilled the drink on the table a little as he quickly lift the bottle up.

He puts the bottle down and look at me with a bitchy expression.

" Seriously? " He asked, I smile and pay him.

I got off the stool and put on my jacket, I grab my sling bag and put it on as I take out my phone. I see missed calls from Travis.

I roll my eyes away and call back, he answers.

" What? " I asked.

" Where are you?, We need you now " he said.

" We? " I asked.

" I'm here too! " I hear Ash.

" Where are you? " Travis asked.

" I'm at the bar " I said.

" Okay, we need you here at the hospital " he said.

" Why? " I asked.

" Gemma's here "

~ Time Skip ~

I knock on the door and walk in to see Gemma on the bed with an oxygen under her nose and an drip stand with a bag of water on it, connected on a tube and a needle in the back of her hand.