[ Chapter 17 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

" This is weird " Gemma said.

" How is it weird? " I asked.

" Cause I always drive myself to school and you barely send me to school " he said.

" The doctor said you can't drive for another week so I have to drive you to school " I pull up at the entrance and turn to her.

" For a week "

" This sucks " she said.

" The teacher already knows what to do, you won't be doing any sports, you can't be in the sun either, you'll have to deal with it for a week " I said, she groans and open the door.

She exits the car and shut the door. I roll down the window.

" I'll pick you up later! " I shout, she turns around.

" I know! " She shouts back, I roll my eyes as I drive away.

Driving through traffic, I made it to work and I enter the lobby, registering my name as in I'm in. I walk to the elevator, I enter and the door closes when I see Jessica.

" Hold the door! " She said, I rush to the button and press the close button rapidly.

She made it and held the door open.

Fuck.

" Thank you " she stood on the other corner as I lean back on the wall.

An awkward silent occured.

" So– "

" Say another word and I'll snap your neck right at that spot but there's a camera and your lucky " I said.

" I'm over you already " she said.

" Says the one who broke into my apartment and kissed me " I said, she sighs.

" I have a fiance "

I stood straight and look at her in shock.

" My mother arranged a marriage for me with someone else, right now, we're dating and getting to know about each other more, we're marrying in November, his name is Jason " she said.

" That's ten more months " I said, she nodded and smile as the door open.

" Your with Stefan anyways, I'm happy for you, and that night at your apartment, I was gonna tell you about it, but I wasn't welcomed "

We both exit the elevator as the door closes behind me, I walk to my desk and sit down, starting to do my work.

Well this is awkward.

I didn't expect that and it felt like a slap to the face.

I shrug it off my shoulder and switch on my laptop, I unlock it with the password and the picture of Cole with his right arm around my neck from behind, doing a peace sign in the other hand.

Me doing the peace sign as I hold Cole's arm and both of us smiling. I smile and go to my work when I notice a folder labeled.

Nicholas L/n

I click on it and all of my documents of my history investigations are there. I scroll down and it took me a minute when I got tired of it. I use my finger and swipe up on the screen as it speeds up the process.

I then stop on a picture of him and Ezekiel, I ignore and keep scrolling until I hit an end to Joanna's death.

How am I going to tell Gemma about that?