[ Chapter 16 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

I carry the tray with a bowl of porridge and a cup of warm water on it, entering Gem's room. I see her asleep on her bed as I shut the door silently and I approach her, placing the tray on the side table.

I sit down on the bedside, gently shaking her shoulder.

" Gem, dinner's ready " I said, she slowly wakes up.

She carefully stretches her arms and I help her sit up slowly. I pass her the bowl and she starts eating it.

" Does it still hurt? " I asked, she nodded.

" I'll go get the pills " I said and stood up

I exit her room and enter the kitchen, I open the cabinet and take out the bottle of painkillers. I walk back to Gem's room and I place the bottle down on the table.

" I probably missed a lot of school work " Gem said.

" I informed the principal, I've printed the letter of your absentee and I already gave it to your teacher " I said.

She sighed and pass me the empty bowl she just finished. I take it and pass her the cup of water along with the pill. She swallow it with the water and I take the cup away.

She lies down on the bed as I clean up the tray. I walk out of her room and shut the door as I enter the kitchen, I started cleaning them and when I was done, I dry my hands and the doorbell rings.

I approach the door and open it to see a girl with auburn hair and dark blue ocean eyes.

" May " I said.

" Cameron told me about Gemma, how is she? " She asked.

" She's fine, come on in " I said and make way for her to enter.

I shut the door and turn around to see her sitting down on the couch.

" She's sleeping so it's best not to disturb her, why are you here so late? " I asked as I approach and sit down next to her.

She sighed.

" You didn't came here just for Gemma right? " I asked, she puts on a wince expression and I sighed.

" Spill " I said.

" Why did Jessica suddenly shows up? " She asked.

" Yeah, about that, I don't know either " I said.

" And her table is beside me " she said.

" Worse, your table group is next to me, I sit on the right, she sits on the left so, we're close and that's worse than anything " I said.

" Something is up with her, I saw her texting someone this morning and from the looks of the conversation, she seems uncomfortable with it " she said.

" Who could she be texting?, I know her, I'd she's uncomfortable texting someone like that she'll block them " I said.

" Well, she continued from the looks of it " she said.

" That's odd " I said.

" She seems annoyed too " she said.

" Who is she texting? " I said.

" I don't know "

~ Time Skip ~

I sit down here on my chair near my desk, typing in my laptop as call as I can while Jessica is beside me, one feet apart and she's just typing in her laptop.