15: Patriot🇳🇬

Kam

Kam

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"I pledge to Nigeria my country,

to be faithful, loyal and honest.

To serve Nigeria with all my ѕtrєngth.

To defend her unity and uphold her honour and glory.

So help me God."

-the national pledge.
━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Odumeje was playing from the sound system when I reached the basement where the other guys were.

"You're finally here!" Amir groaned, clutching his ears. "Tell Dave to turn off that annoying song."

"It's just 'cause you don't understand what he's saying, you this Hausa boy."

"I'm Fulani." Amir sighed.

"Same thing!"

At that moment, Jordan walked into the basement, a tray of drinks in his hand, setting the tray on the table at the back of the room."

"Oi! Dan, I change my mind. Get me a bottle of water."

"You have legs, Dave!" Jordan shouted, "Get it yourself."

"My legs are broken." He glanced meaningfully at his bandaged leg propped up on a cushioned stool.

"You still have legs." Jordan quipped.

"Dude!"

"Lazy ass."

"Whiny bitch!"

"Needy jerk!"

"Just get me a damn bottle of water, Dan." Dave sighed. "You owe me a solid, remember?"

"Fucking asshole." Jordan grumbled under his breath. "You just had to go and get your legs broken, didn't ya? Lazy, needy, good-for-nothing, sleep depriving..." Jordan sulked, walking up the stairs and out of the basement.

We were in Dave's basement, our usual kickback spot when we wanted to hang and chill. He wanted us to call it the Davecave but we vehemently disagreed.

Dave's father was a rich business man, and at school, everyone said his father's money was dirty money and he made it by selling drugs and defrauding people. And when Dave showed up to school this morning with a broken leg and crutches, he broke his leg from falling down the stairs, (he had been away with his father on a business trip for the past three months) rumours started flying around that he had been caught in a shootout and got shot in the leg.