17: Pluviophile☔🌧️

Asa

Asa

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

"And like the moon,

we must go through phases of emptiness

In order to feel whole again."
━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

I had my first nightmare in months.

"Shh," the eerily familiar voice whispered in my ears. "You love me, don't you?" That voice that scraped my insides like a jagged knife.

"Please... Please...Don't do this." I whimpered as he climbed in bed with me. He put his huge hands over my mouth and nose, covering me with his large body.

"Don't scream or I'll kill you." His voice was a harsh ragged whisper and his eyes glinted in the night.

"Say you love me." He looked me dead in the eyes and I looked into eyes that will haunt me forever. "I want to hear you say it. Say it!"

His hands ravaged my entire body. Rough hands, kneading my flesh. The skin of my waists. My hips. My thighs.

I thrashed against him.

"I..."

"Fucking say it, Selene!" He whispered harshly at me, stopping his assaults, hands going to my neck, trying to strangle me. "Say it! Say it! Say it!"

I choked up, suddenly unable to breathe, as I thrashed wildly, fighting against restraints.

I woke up, gasping for breath, my heart, slamming against my chest wall, going a thousand miles per hour, finding out that I had gotten tangled up in my sheets.

My hands went to my neck and I massaged my wrists and ankles, scowling at the faint scars.

I calmed my breathing, realizing it was only a dream.

A bad dream, I convinced myself.

My eyes fell on the thick backed black book that I had been reading steadily for almost a week now. The holy bible.

I'm an abomination.

I felt ashamed. More ashamed than I've felt in days and sudden grief and heaviness welled up in my chest. And I cried. I cried because life was unfair and God was cruel.

It was raining outside, heavily too, a slew of torrents, thunder and lightening, angry pellets, pattering against rooftops of zinc and aluminium, like an argument upstairs, the rest of the world, still asleep, missing out on seeing something so glorious and resplendent.