32: Jam📻🎶

mєdíα: "αnчвσdч" вч вurnα вσч

********************
A/n

Mini rant alert!!

Can I just say, how proud I am of Nigerian twitter today.

The #justiceforUwa movement is the best, most meaningful thing going on in twitter since this year started.

*******

Asa

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

"Smiles aren't always happy

And frowns aren't always upset.

People judge too quickly

And our feelings are often what they forget."

━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

*
The stars winked in and out of existence as we sat together in Amir's car. He was leaning back in his seat, hands clasped behind his head as he let me play The Beatles, on his speaker, dulled to a low volume.

It was already seven in the evening and on a usual day, I'd be on the train home by now but part of me wanted to soak in this evening air and remain with Amir for a little while.

I couldn't get why. We went from being enemies to slight acquaintances so fast, it felt as if a magic hand had waved a wand and all our ill feelings dissipated.

"I still don't get why you invited me to watch you sing, though. Not that I'm complaining, your voice is amazing... But why."

He shrugged. There was an eerie, regal calm to Amir that I've never seen in another person before. A quiet confidence in his features.

He flashed me a smile that was almost mischievous but as soon as the smile came, it left. "I... I don't know." He said quietly, a small frown, marring his face.

"You don't know?" I raised an eyebrow. "I'm the ice witch with the bad rumours going around about her and I've believed, for so long, you've hated my guts."

His smile was wry. Almost sad. "There's something about you, Asa. Something that's kind of bewitching, really."

"What?!"

He laughed shaking his head. "My point is, you may be a witch, but you're no ice witch. You're not who people say you are. I've heard the rumours and they're all a load of crap. For so long, I believed them, believed you were the witch they made you out to be. I've known the ice witch, the figment that those rumours created. I guess now, I just wanna know Asa."