25: Devil👿

Asa

Asa

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"I've seen the devil up close...

And you've not got his smile."

━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

"Mr Kayode's intention is to frustrate me away. He doesn't know I have a nagging, overambitious mother, three brothers and a demonic cat." Kosi scoffed as we walked out of our Economics class.

"Can't you find another teacher to write the recommendation letter for you?"

She shook her head vehemently, shoving her newest fashion designs, into her pretty pink Chanel bag. "No, Asa. It has to be Mr Kayode. It's Unilag Fashion school, Asa! Unilag!" She shouted the last part, throwing her hands in the air, dramatically. "I can't just waltz into it without a glowing recommendation and Mr Kayode graduated from Unilag Fashion school, so they'll respect his recommendation letter than any of these other old geezers."

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Hey!" She perked up excitedly, holding up a piece of paper. "It's Trev's birthday today. I wrote him a love letter. Do you wanna hear it?"

"No?"

She cleared her throat. "Trear-bear-"

"You call your boyfriend Trear-bear?"

"Of course, now keep quiet and listen." She cleared her throat again and continued. "You're the king of my heart-"

"Pretty generic if you ask me."

"You know what?" She sighed, defeated. "Fucking forget it. I'll just get him a cake or something." She crumpled the piece of paper, shoving it back into her bag. "So, how's my best friend doing with her new beau?"

"No one says Beau, anymore, Kosi." I sighed.

She snorted. "Well, I do! Now, tell me! Are you rolling around in the sheets already?"

"What the hell?! No!"

"Really?" She stopped, looking at me. "It's Kam we're talking about here, Asa. He walks around so happy all the time, you'd think he's getting it on a daily. That Rover of his looks very spacy. Lots of room for... Uh.... Activities." She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I sighed dramatically. "I'm not divulging my non existent sex life with you, Kosi."

She laughed at this. "Oh yea. I forgot you're virgin Mary."

I froze, stopping in my tracks as a flashback passed in front of my eyes. It was over as soon as it started. My head started pounding. Bright spots dancing in front of my eyes, beads of sweat, accumulating on my forehead. Waves of nausea, working up my gut. I felt myself swoon.