14: Faith📑

mєdíα: "вσσk σf rєvєlαtíσn " вч dαх

(wαtch, kídѕ)

Asa

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"But ever since he had been a child,

he had wanted to know the world.
And this was much more important to him,

than knowing God and learning about man's sins."

-The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

"So, you draw?" I asked awkwardly when she left, wanting to forget everything that just happened, everything that almost happened a few seconds ago.

"Yeah!" He collapsed on his bed like nothing happened. Like nothing was going to happen. "I'm artistically inclined, I don't know what the hell I'm doing in science class."

He beckoned me to sit with him on the bed and while we ate cake and drank coke (he had mixed his coke with whiskey), I found myself watching him. Studying the architectural and aesthetic features of his face. The highness of his cheekbones. Narrowness of his nose. Bronzenness of his complexion. Hanging on to every word he said, not wanting to forget anything about him.

"So what do you want to do after secondary school?" I asked him. "What university do you plan on going to?'

"I don't have any in mind yet." He shrugged.

"And you're not worried?"

"No. I'm young. I have all the time in the world."

"You could die at anytime." I reminded him.

"Ever the realist, Asa." He laughed, a deep laughter, emanating from his throat, stemming from his stomach. "It's because I can die at any time, that's why I want to live life to the fullest. I don't want to have any regrets. I want to live.

"Back when I was fifteen and went with my mum to the middle east for one of her medical missions, I had the time of my life. It was like a field trip. We backpacked across most of the middle east. That was when I decided what I wanted to do."

"And what's that?"

"I want to travel the world, Asa. I want to know the world. Eat the foods of Europe. Enjoy sports in south America. Soak in the hot springs of Japan. Visit the conservations in Africa. Study architecture in Australia. Relive the past in Egypt and just live life to the fullest. Do everything. Learn everything. See everything and eat everything."