5 : Final Selection (2)

A/N: Third person POV, hope you enjoy :)!

After the stressful nights leading up to the arrival at the final selection, the three friends sighed a sigh of relief. They were glad the nights before the test were over. It was almost as painful of an experience as a stab in the back, and (Y/N) could vouch for that with first hand experience. However, they didn't know how calm that stress was compared to the upcoming storm, it would be a grueling and difficult task to complete, indeed. The nights before were like a daydream.

Despite the bad feeling in her guts, (Y/N) stood tall waiting for the rest of the people that would show up. Some of them had the audacity to ask if she was here by mistake, and even tried to lay hands on her. Her two 'heroes' stepped in before she could, not to say she couldn't have stopped them herself.

"If you want to know if I belong so badly, why don't you just watch me instead?" She growled with the ferociousness of a lioness. Her presence screamed authority despite her young age and older friends. Some of them didn't take her words lightly, and understood them as a threat. They would teach her a lesson given the chance, but she was always on guard. Never once giving any of them a chance to. Her patience was wearing thin as two girls walked out and explained the final selection terms. It seemed reasonable, and an easy task for her companions, let alone her. Unless there was some kind of demon that's eaten a bunch of humans and mutated. It was likely that was the case, so all of them had to be on high alert as they entered the forest.

"Someone's following us." She said plainly. She didn't try to lower her voice, in fact, she was hoping who ever was following her heard it. It was someone she probably pissed off at the beginning, but it had little affect on her. She didn't care. He wasn't one of her worries. "There is also a demon close by, keep your guard up." Her eyes narrowed towards a darker area than the rest. Her feet stopped and turned directions, swiftly taking off without her friends. They knew to stay still, that she'd come back, but they didn't like the idea of her going off alone.

Little time had passed before she showed up again with a bit of splattered blood on her face. "What? Is something on my face?" She asked a but self consciously, their gazes were immediately drawn away from her. 7 days of this, huh? She laid on the ground, vulnerably, to hopefully draw out the person following them. "Don't act so offended, Sabito. I won't kill every demon. I'll let you and Giyu handle some of them. Besides.. if what my gut is telling me is true... there's a really strong demon here... and threatens your lives. I gotta save energy for that, yknow?"

She closed her eyes and hummed a tune her mother had taught her. It was soothing, peaceful. It calmed the hearts of those who spied on her. Her humming became more and more quiet, and a demon decided it would be a good time to die.

As soon as it dropped from the tree, the head was cut clean off. (Y/N) had her sword drawn, but her eyes were still closed, and she laid in the same position, still. "So troublesome." Her smile was gentle towards her friends who smiled back. So far so good. They just had to endure a few days of this. How hard could it be?

A boy in tradition clothing walked out of the tree shadows with a desperate look. He was tired, despite the final selection just starting. He had been running, for sure. Running, sweating, panting. He barely looked like he could stand. "You all... have masks. Do you... know Mr. Urokodaki?" (Y/N) jumped up in front of her friends before they could answer.

"Who the hell died and put you in charge of asking questions? As far as I'm concerned, you and this little display is an act. Maybe you're being controlled by a demon, or he guaranteed your life in exchange for ours." She walked forward with a heavy presence. It was like Muzan himself was walking towards the boy. "Why the hell do you want to know if we know this Mr. Urokodani? Whatever the hell his name was, we don't know him. Get lost." She practically growled it, and the boy gave a terrified nod, running back into the darkened forest. She turned towards her friends.