49 : The Ending (1)

Kyojuro sat in a chair beside you, waiting anxiously like he had been almost constantly since the end of the fight. Your eyes had yet to open, causing him to worry and stress himself out even more. His hand held yours tightly against his forehead as his eyes were closed. Hearing your soft breathing did calm him, even if it was just a little... at least you weren't dead.

It had been 4 months, baffling everyone. It was the longest you've ever been in a sleep state without waking up. Even after recovering when you were younger, 4 months for you was a staggering amount of time... and had Kyojuro worried you'd never open your eyes again.

A soft knock beckoned Aoi into the room, her sad gaze landing on your still body and Kyojuro who didn'teven raise his head from the bent down position. You were breathing, you were alive... just asleep. For how much longer, though? For how much longer would you worry your friends? She felt bad for Kyojuro who was almost always at your bedside, waiting for you to wake up. For him to see your eyes once again.

"Hey, Sabito and Giyuu stopped by. They want you to go rest and I think it would be a great time to spend time with your brother and father. They said they'd watch over her until tomorrow." She spoke softly, hoping he agreed.

Knowing everyone was worried about him, he gave a bright smile, his tired expression not fooling anyone. "Alright." His voice was more empty than it ever had been, although he tried to hide it. Leaning over you, he kissed your forehead and gave your hand a soft squeeze. "I'll be back tomorrow, love. Take as long as you need, we're not going anywhere." He tapped your cheek with his fingers, slowly leaving the room to go to the Rengoku estate.

Aoi sat on the bed beside you, a small and sad smile pointed at your peaceful sleeping expression. "He's worried about you, (Y/N)." Tears filled her eyes, small sobs beginning to escape her throat, "we all are- how much longer?" She sobbed harder for a moment before wiping her face with a sniffle, putting on a tough face. "We'll all be here when you wake up, (Y/N)-san, don't worry!" She said, hearing two knocks at the door. It slid open revealing Giyuu and Sabito who had said they would stop by, only they were accompanied by more than a few others.

Michikatsu found his way to your bedside first, sitting beside Aoi with his hand on your bandaged forearm. "Good Morning, (Y/N). Hope you're sleeping well because you've been sleeping for quite awhile." He said with little emotion, slightly ticking Sanemi off.

"You're probably the reason she's been asleep so long, you sadistic bastard-!" Sanemi shouted at the former demon.

Shinobu clicked her tongue, "Now, now. Calm down, your shouting isn't helping her wake up, Sanemi-san."

It wasn't effective, though, as Nezuko and the three teenage boys wailed together over the sleeping you. Aoi had considered banning them from visiting, but thought it would be too cruel for them. Especially after everything they've been through together.

"How's Rengoku-san holding up?" Sabito asked with Giyuu close behind.

Aoi shook her head, "Not very well... I've never seen him look so down before. That's why I told him to visit his father and brother." She admitted, Sabito nodding.

"She'll wake up soon, especially with all your whining." He tugged Tanjiro's ear slightly as the boy yelped and bowed slightly.

Suddenly, the door flew open with a voice booming louder than everyone else's towards the poor visitors and you. "The brat's still flamboyantly sleeping, I see!" Tengen shouted, getting slapped on the back of the head by Hinatsuru.

"Quiet you, and let her rest. She obviously needs it or she would be awake hugging us all right now."

You twitched slightly.