12 : Demon Train?! (1)

A/N: This will be in 3rd person, and will be covering the infinity train arc. Therefore, WARNING: there may or may not be spoilers from the manga! Continue at your own risk, please and thank you! Hope you enjoy!

PS: That's your warning for this chapter. If future chapters have spoilers in them, I'll say as well!

With a sudden uneasiness, (Y/N) walked beside Kyojuro towards the train they would be boarding. She could tell just by the air surrounding them that there was a demon, it was no rumor. It seemed to have little affect on the tall man, however, as he still had the wide smile and crossed arms. His presence was comforting to her as she inched closer to his side. He glanced down at her a few times, but didn't pay it no mind as he got the tickets and led her inside.

Once sitting down, he tapped the seat beside him beckoning her to sit beside him. She did without a word and stared at the seat in front of them. Waiting isn't something she was good at, nor did she have the patience for it most the time. She didn't know why, but also had a bad feeling about this night. As if something bad was going to happen, so she needed to focus. She inhaled sharply when she felt Kyojuro's hand land on her lower thigh for comfort. Her eyes lifted to his face with surprise.

"You were being oddly quiet, I wanted to make sure you were still okay with doing this!" He proudly smiled.

She shook her head quickly, "Of course I still want to do this! In fact, being here only convinces me further I should be here!" There was a hint of anticipation somewhere deep inside, but it was mostly caution and anxiousness laced in her tone. He looked confused so she explained, "I-I just have a bad f-feeling about this-... that's all..."

He grinned, "Are you being modest, Snowball?" His laughter escaped his mouth before he knew what he was doing. "There's no need for doubting our strength! All we have to do is overcome these unprecedented challenges! Should be easy enough for two pillars, right?" His words were encouraging, and led her to smile softly.

"Thank you, somehow you always know the right things to say." She giggled and sighed looking back at the seat with continued concentration.

After a few minutes of waiting, food was brought out to the duo, and Kyojuro dug in immediately. The food would probably be his favorite part about the whole ordeal, which is a reasonable conclusion on (Y/N)'s part. Like usual, he repeatedly said 'tasty' while eating the food, while she sat in silence, slowly stirring and playing with it. She wasn't very hungry, or she didn't have the appetite for whatever she was given, either way, she wasn't down on eating like Kyojuro. Hearing him eagerly shout the same word made her feel happy of some sorts. Relaxed some would say, but they were soon interrupted by three teenage boys, all of which she recognized. Kyojuro looked at the boy with the burgundy hair and passionately shouted tasty once more.

"(Y/N)-san, are you not going to eat?" Tanjiro questioned after sitting on the chair in front of her, setting Nezuko's box beside him.

She only sighed with a shrug, and focused her attention outside. "She's been acting like this since we got here, so don't worry to much. Anyways, you wanted to speak to me about something, my boy?"

Tanjiro explained everything about his family and the dance passed down to Kyojuro, "I dunno! I've never heard of 'the dance of the fire gods'!"

"Sounds like it could be Breath of the Sun..." she mumbled under her breath, so quietly, no one but Zenitsu heard her. She continued to stare out the window as the train began moving, and Inosuke freaking out.

"Be careful! It's dangerous, I'm not sure when the demon is gonna appear!" Kyojuro shouted towards Inosuke, who had his head out the window trying to jump out.

"EHHH?! A-A DEMON?! IT'S GONNA APPEAR ON THIS TRAIN?!"

"It will!"

Zenitsu freaked out, 'what a wimpy kid... why did he even become a demon slayer?' (Y/N) thought to herself. Not long after, the conductor came to punch holes into the tickets. He seemed to alarm (Y/N) as she looked from the window and tightened her grip on her sword hilt. Kyojuro noticed and placed his hand on her shoulder with a reassuring smile. He punched holes in all their tickets unpassionately, he looked sickly and unwell. As he passed Kyojuro, everyone suddenly felt an uneasy presence appear, Kyojuro taking the initiative and stepping between the demon and the conductor.

"Conductor, it's dangerous, stand down! This is an emergency, I would prefer you not question why I have a sword on me." He spoke facing the demon at the back of the car. Tanjiro seemed to relax after seeing Kyojuro take hold of the situation, but (Y/N) didn't. Something just didn't feel right, like this demon wasn't the real threat. Kyojuro noticed her instincts as she gripped the hilt of her sword tighter than before as she intensely stared down at the ground. Quickly, he averted his soft gaze and spoke to the demon, "Big guy! Were you hiding your blood demon techniques? It was hard to sense you! However, if you bare your fangs at sinless people, the red flame sword of Rengoku will burn you down to the bone!" He intimidated even the boys. She watched as he took off using the first form of the flame breath. It was over in an instant, so why didn't her bad feeling go away? Something was still wrong.

With a swift motion, Kyojuro sat back down with full confidence as the three boys begged him to teach them his ways. Of course, Kyojuro being the man he is, agreed without hesitation, but he could tell something was bothering (Y/N) since she hadn't let go of her sword, and her face seemed to be scrunched up more than before. She didn't seem to be breathing, it genuinely concerned Kyojuro, "Are you alright, Snowball? You're not feeling ill, are you?" He went to touch her, but she only seemed to flinch at the movement from the corner of her eye.

"Huh? Oh... I'm okay..." she shallowly replied, focusing back on the floor. Tanjiro seemed to look at Kyojuro for answers on her strange behavior, but even he seemed baffled. Yet, when Kyojuro went to touch her, she seemed to loosen up from her tense posture, relaxing even slightly.

It wasn't long before she finally let her sword go and leaned back against the chair, closing her eyes from drowsiness, and within minutes, she was fast asleep. She was the first to fall asleep, and Tanjiro watched as her head began to slowly fall towards Kyojuro's shoulder. He watched it happen, and did nothing to stop her. With everyone feeling a bit drowsy, they all decided to follow in her steps and take a small power nap. Tanjiro leaned against Nezuko's box while Zenitsu and Inosuke were tangled together in their seats. Kyojuro leaned his head against (Y/N)'s softly, and with crossed arms, closed his eyes to also sleep the drowsiness away.

Who knew that would be such a big mistake, who could have foretold her gut feeling was right? Later, she would come to ask herself why she didn't warm Kyojuro of her suspicions.

If only she could reverse time...

A/N: Sorry this is such a short chapter, I'll upload a new one soon, so please be patient! Thank you, and hope you enjoyed!