46 : Promises of War

The fortress began crumbling, Kokushibo wondering what was happening, but put their safety first and got out before it was completely destroyed. Standing on top of a building, he looked for the demon slayers or even Muzan. Was it the end already? Did the corps lose?

No, that wasn't possible, they wouldn't give in that easily. He knew they still had more fight in them, and as he came to that realization, he heard the call of a male voice.

"(Y/N)! Where are you, Kokushibo, (Y/N)!" Junping down from the tall building, he appeared in front of Kyojuro who looked surprised for a moment before recovering with a heavy sigh. "Thank goodness. I'm glad you were there, even if you are a demon!" Kokushibo furrowed his brow before hearing Muzan and the others fighting already. "Go find Yushiro and Tamayo- they can turn you back into a human and help (Y/N) with her more severe injuries!" Kyojuro shouted before speeding off towards the fight.

Yes, Tamayo was alive. How? Well... before she was absorbed by Muzan, Tanjiro was able to free her, having dealt with the powerless Akaza and Giyuu helping Shinobu, (Inosuke and Kanao there too). Neither was an easy task, but it would be better for everyone if Tamayo survived and Douma died. The more fighters, the better the chances were...

Kokushibo did as he was told after watching the man run towards the destruction. He would be. straying Muzan, but was he okay with betraying blood relatives again? He didn't want that, no. He wanted to spend his time with his family, Tokito also being part of his family. Who would have guessed (Y/N) and Muichiro were related...

Tamayo was helping other injured slayers, her eyes landing on Kokushibo while Yushiro went to attack only to be throw back easily. "You are Tamayo and Yushiro, correct? Rengoku tood me you could help (Y/N) and I."

"Why would a demon need help? Why would Rengoku trust a demon with (Y/N)-!" It was obvious (Y/N) was in bad shape, Tamayo immediately snapping all her attention to the girl and her injuries. "You can't be serious, Tamayo-! What if she betrayed the corps?"

"(Y/N) wouldn't do that, and you know it. We need to help her, the bleeding isn't stopping."

Kokushibo felt out of place, but stayed by her side as the other pillars fought.

Kyojuro was slightly wounded, but everyone seemed to be doing okay so far, Mitsuri getting struck at the same time in three different places.

Immediately, Obanai went to her side, pulling her away from the fight, promising to come back. Sabito and Kyojuro held their own against the fast swinging weapons, Muzan cursing them all. Sanemi wasn't too thrilled about that... but was more worried about his brother who could have been trapped under all the rubble for all he knew.

Tanjiro fought alongside Giyuu, each working together to protect one another and pass the time until sunrise.

Would they make it in time? Would they be able to hold off the demon king for long enough? No one knew...

One of the weapons hit Kyojuro's hand, sending a signal of pain through his body, his grip loosening slightly but immediately tightening once again. He was not giving up, especially after what they did to his (Y/N).

He could never forgive them, not in a million years. She was almost dead, how could they be so heartless? Why would they give their humanity away? Kyojuro didn't understand, and knew he never would, thanks to his mother and the morals she instilled into him while he was but a young boy.

Muzan smiled wickedly as he threw Tanjiro into a crumbled building. Kyojuro's attention went to the boy immediately, waiting for him to get up... but he didn't get up. "My arms are coated in my blood which is toxic to you humans. Each cut, no matter how small, will end up killing you. Tanjiro is dead."