45 : Saved Or Not?

Kyojuro was speechless. Was Muzan aware he had sent him and him alone to this area? Was that even part of the plan? Was there even a plan to begin with?

Without thinking, his feet carried him towards the girl, noticing the golden necklace that she held in her hands, tracing the outline of the shape, not noticing he was there. As he got closer, his fears suddenly became more of a reality.

Slowly approaching, he placed his fingers under her chin, feeling the cool liquid the still dripped down. He lifted her head, gasping lightly at the blood that soaked her face, immediately moving to undo the rope that held her in place, her face falling into his chest as they loosened.

He held her close for a moment, listening to the quiet yet raspy breathing. "You're... so warm..." she whispered, Kyojuro chuckling lightly before pulling her onto his back. He still needed to help the others.

"Don't worry, (Y/N). I won't let them hurt you any further!" He spoke cautiously.

(Y/N) smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I know... Kyojuro... sorry... for being useless."

Kyojuro stopped running at those words, craning his neck to see her soft smile and eyes still gazing at him. "You've done more than any of us, (Y/N), don't say you're useless. You've been through more than any of us could even imagine." He reasoned softly. She gave a weak nod before closing her eyes, her breath slightly tickling his neck.

He quickly ran towards the other areas the pillars and other corp members were dropped off at. The first one they came across was Douma, Shinobu already engaged in battle.

"Oh~! I see you've found our little toy! Poor thing sure has been through a lot~!" Douma called, Shinobu turning her gaze towards Kyojuro and (Y/N).

"Rengoku-"

"She's okay... I think- I'm not really sure, but focus on your fight-" he shouted back, completely unsure of what to do. Protect (Y/N)? Or help the others?

A soft, bloody, hand touched his cheek, pulling his attention towards (Y/N)'s face, a soft kiss landing on his cheek. "Help Shinobu-san..." she encouraged, knowing he would debate his options until someone ended up dead.

With much reluctance, Kyojuro laid her back on the ground with a passionate kiss, moving to help Shinobu in killing the demon. "Ah~ she always did spit fire, that girl! I can see why she's a pillar!" Douma tilted his head with an irritated smile, "I almost ripped her tongue out at some point, though! It's a shame, really. Someone so pretty should have had a better fate than this one. I pleaded for Muzan-sama to let her stay with me forever, but he told me he physically needed her. Too bad~"

(Y/N) let out a pained grunt as she went to stand up, feeling Kokushibo. A worried expression plastered on her face as she stumbled, walking slowly to where she felt him and a few others fighting.

'I have to save them, or Michikatsu, will end up killing someone again- I can't let that happen-' she winced as her hand flew up to her shoulder, but she kept fumbling around, somehow getting away from the room Douma spent his time fighting in.

She was determined to save Kokushibo, it is what Yoriichi wanted. It's what she wanted. If he killed again, he would only gain more regret.

"Michikatsu...-san..." she whispered, falling once again.

She felt warm hands touch her face, pulling her close as they began running in the direction she was walking. "You sure do know how to get yourself in trouble, (Y/N)!" She heard Sabito's voice. "Giyuu and Tanjiro are going to find Shinobu and Rengoku, so don't worry about them. Me and you are going to help Tokito and the others." He informed, (Y/N) nodding slowly.