30 : Spotlight

Shinobu heard you had been brought back from the village along with Muichiro and Mitsuri, but you were brought separately meaning you didn't fight the same people. When they asked the two what they knew, both said they hadn't seen you since the beginning of the fight. Hell, Mitsuri hadn't seen you at all, nor did she know you were there. However, when they asked Tanjiro, he explained what you had told him before leaving.

"She let innocent people die, even when she could have helped?! Unbelievable, and she has the audacity to call herself a pillar! Fuck her!" Sanemi shouted while pointing at you at the pillar meeting. You hadn't spoken a word since waking up, so no one knew exactly what happened. "She won't even tell us what she was doing!"

Kyojuro knew something must've happened, some bigger threat, or you wouldn't have left them to die. It's not like you at all, and he knew that. "She should be given time to explain! What would you make put of these injuries? When are the only times you've seen her in such a condition?" Sabito shouted in your defense causing you to flinch.

"I..." you started glancing outside for a brief moment then returning your gaze to your knees. "The truth is..." Kyojuro's eyes fell to your knees seeing the small wet droplets, but was suddenly pulled back to your face as you lifted it abruptly revealing a flushed and wet face. "The truth is, Upper Moon One was there. H-his demon name... Kokushibo... his human name Michikatsu..." you whispered his human name.

Sanemi threw his head back in laughter, "You think we're going to believe Upper Moon One appeared and spared you?! Have you lost your mind?! At least tell a lie that's plausible." You stood to your feet with clenched fists.

"I'm not done, retard!" The sudden outburst left everyone speechless. Out of all the nicknames you two called each other, 'retard' had been one you refused to call him... simply because you recognized he wasn't one. "If you would let me finish, maybe you would believe me, don't go assume shit because it doesn't seem to be true. I fought Upper Moon One, sliced my hand dodging an attack that could have killed me! My ancestors are even related to him! So don't just assume, it hurts, y'know! It's unfair of you to judge someone so quickly, why can't you ever be on my side?!" It was unlike you to be so emotional about something, so unprofessional about it.

"H-hey, I-I didn't mean to upset you..." he sat back down looking at his knees in shame for making a girl cry so openly.

"Please, continue with you report, (Y/N)-san. We would like to hear everything. And what the most likely reason for keeping you alive is." Amane spoke softly.

You sat back down and wiped your face with your bandaged arm, "My apologies, I shouldn't have been so rude and unprofessional. What I say may be considered the words of a traitor, and some may not agree to what I did and why I did it."

"We are just glad you made it back in one piece... mostly." Giyu said from the back corner. Sabito nodded his head in agreement.

"Poor child, facing such a threat at such a young age!" Gyomei declared from his spot in the middle.

"Very well... before the fight began, I felt a sinister presence. It was familiar, and yet one I had not stumbled upon myself. It masked the two of the upper moons Mitsuri and Muichiro fought, so I saw it as a bigger threat and went to attack it after encouraging my subordinates and comrades." Your face was calm and unaffected, yet Kyojuro could tell something weighed heavily on your mind. Was it the fear of being judged? Who knows? "When I came face to face with this demon... images popped into my head... of the original breath user. Michikatsu-san had a clear opening to stick me down, for I had struggles containing the pain I felt after seeing the memories of ancestors long dead by now. "

Obanai spoke up, "Somewhat like how Upper Moons can sometimes gain memories of Muzan's past?"

"I suppose, however, these were wails of 'do not slay him yet, there is more to this. Do not slay this demon.' And the pain wouldn't go away until I relented on my intent to kill."