Chapter 35

EMILY POV:

EMILY POV:

I was actually excited to just watch the game and not worry about anything except Luke scoring touchdowns and Charlie not being dropped. Although he was trying to hide it, I could tell how excited Dale was as well. I don't know if it was to see the school or even to have friends to support and hang out with. Either way, I loved how happy something as simple as a football game made Dale.

He had parked his car in an available spot relatively close to the field and all but jumped out excitedly making me laugh. It was a little colder tonight than it was on Tuesday so I had worn a plain pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a plain grey shirt that probably wouldn't even be seen and Luke's varsity jumper  that both he and Charlie had begged me to wear. I still had Aiden's jacket at home and i'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to wear it. I had every intention to give it back, but with him ignoring me it made it really hard. I guess wearing his jacket in some ways still made it seem like we were friends. Dale had just worn an off white long shirt with jeans and still managed to look good.

I was wearing Luke's jumper whilst he had begged Charlie to wear his jacket, obviously, she wasn't opposed to the idea and was extremely excited when she told me. She would wear her uniform when actually performing her routine, and Luke's jacket over it when she was running out and sitting on the bench.

Dale was also extremely excited to see Charlie again, and even attempt to make a good impression on Luke. It made my heart swell how much Dale loved being a part of our little group, he even wanted our other best friend to like him.

Dale and I fall into conversation as we walk towards the field. Before we find seats, we make sure to see Charlie who broke away from conversation with Jordan to come and see us.

"Dale!!" Charlie yells as she jumps into Dale's awaiting arms, he laughs happily. I notice Luke watching the exchange and my excitement grows at the thought that he may have been jealous because of Charlie.

After a while, Charlie is called back to the squad because cheer is about to start, she quickly shows Dale and I the seats she reserved for us and goes back to an annoyed Tiffany.

Almost as soon as Dale and I get comfortable, the music starts and the cheer squad, lead by Tiffany run out to do their cheer routine.

The first part of the routine is just them dancing, Charlie and another girl I recognize as Lindsey do some kind of flip and then they go back to dancing. The cheer squad then separate into pairs, Charlie with Jordan and they do some fancy lifts, my heart pounds erratically hoping that Jordan wouldn't drop my cousin, but also feeling exhilarated. The cheer squad then moves to groups of 3, Tiffany in the middle group, Charlie on the left, and Lindsey on the right. While Tiffany's group does some kind of pyramid thing with Tiffany on the top, Charlie and Lindsey get thrown so high into the air that I'm actually afraid for the birds as well as the girls. While in the air, Charlie and Lindsey do some fancy flips and other moves, I can't help but hold my breath. I hear Dale's intake of breath as well and I find comfort in knowing I wasn't the only one afraid for Charlie.