⋇- 2: Unexpected Changes -⋇

En hid behind one of the gray statues filling the hallway. He curled a bit as three employees approached his area. He felt kind of weird hiding from the people who'd seen him around the castle since he was a child, but he couldn't be seen now that he was so close to reaching the meeting room. He hoped he would see the council there.

After carefully walking around without being seen, he couldn't be found now. Despite knowing that he wouldn't have any problem facing the guards patrolling the castle, he didn't want to cause chaos. That wouldn't be fitting for someone who was seeking trust from his people. He had to meet the Royal Council without causing any trouble.

The three employees stopped by the statue, talking. En tapped his fingers on the structure as he patiently waited for those people to leave. He tried to remain calm as the employees remained in that area and chatted about the decorations the new King would like to see on this side of the castle.

En shook his head slowly as he heard the employees. It hadn't been a day since his father died and his uncle was already making a makeover to the castle. He curled his fingers as he remembered that his father was no longer there. Sorrow within him was still present. He still couldn't believe that he was dead.

He silently took a deep breath, telling himself to calm down. He was the Dragon King's son. He couldn't allow those weak feelings to control him.

As the workers persisted to stay in that area to talk about decorations and their new King, En remembered the first time Miria told him the truth back on one of the islands of Oceana. For a moment, he had remained speechless after hearing Miria's words. She even asked him if he was okay after he didn't say a word for a few minutes.

At that moment, conflicting feelings were exploding within him. A side of him reassured him that his father was in completely good health when he last saw him, so there was no way he suddenly fell ill and died. Another side of him couldn't accept that he was assassinated. There was no way an intimidating man like his father let his guard down.

He remembered asking Miria to tell him more details of what actually happened. When she refused to say more, telling him that he would find out once he met her parents in the Dragon Islands, that was when a part of him rebelled and decided to go to Celestia.

"Hey, you two," an arrogant voice in the background broke En's thoughts.

En's brows raised, recognizing that voice. He curled his body even more behind the gray statue as he heard several steps approaching his area.

"Ah, Princess Shaula, good evening," said one of the employees.

Princess?

Shaula sighed, sounding as if she was complaining. En carefully peered by the statue and saw a young woman with a bright purple gown, holding a spear with silver and purple details. Her long scarlet hair was tied into a fancy braid with a small number of jewels sparkling on her head. 

En tilted his head. He had never seen his cousin looking this pretty before. She usually didn't care about her appearance and always was basic with herself. En hid a bit again as he noticed a few guards behind his cousin.

"Have you seen my Stupid Cousin?" asked Shaula, her tone firm. "I've heard he has invaded the castle."

En tried not to laugh at his cousin's statement. How would someone invade their own residence?

"I'm sorry, Your Highness," said one of the employees, "we didn't cross paths with him."

"Damn it." Shaula hit the floor with the steel spear. "What is he up to, sneaking around like this?"

"We apologize, Your Highness." En recognized the archer's voice. "If we had attacked him as soon as we saw him, we wouldn't be in this situation."

Shaula exhaled. "It's not like you would succeed in stopping him. That idiot is a Guardian."