⋇- 21: A Strong Presence -⋇

The dim white light glowed on Arisa's hand as everyone gazed at it with widened eyes.

"Eklipta," said Arisa almost in a whisper. "Could it be that the Master of Fire is hidden in Celestia?"

"It could be," said Garoh quickly. "It started communicating with us as soon as we crossed the portal and with a new hint; that's what happened when we reached the North American Empire. So this can only mean the Master is hidden somewhere in this world."

Arisa dropped her gaze from the glowing necklace, rubbing its smooth surface as her eyes met Garoh. 

With her heart racing, she couldn't believe that one of the Elements was hidden somewhere in her world all this time. If Eklipta had communicated with her and Kazuya before they left their world, even though the battle against the Master wouldn't have been easy, maybe the Element would be in their hands now.

"I see that my theory was wrong," said Thelma, her tone disappointed. "And we wasted precious time in London. We would have the element in our hands by now if we traveled straight to this world."

Garoh folded his arms. "Even if we had a theory that sounded a hundred percent right, it would be normal to be wrong in the end, so don't feel bad."

"Garoh's right," said Arisa with a nod. "Besides, I don't think we wasted time in London. It was great to see your family again and I enjoyed knowing more about your country during our visits to those museums."

As Thelma displayed a small smile, Arisa remembered the several places the team visited on their quest to find the Master of Fire. Even though the long trips to their destination would eat most of their time, they would always find some time to enjoy themselves after visiting the museum of the day. 

Despite the team always ending up failing to find the Master, Arisa found those moments precious to be a waste of time.

"Your theory could still be right, though, Thelma," said a soothing voice by Arisa's side.

Everyone's gaze fell on Kazuya, who looked thoughtful.

"You think so?" Thelma's brows raised.

Kazuya replied with a quick nod.

"According to the latest hint," said Kazuya, "the Master has been passed on through many generations, which could mean that it's hidden in an item."

Arisa's brows arched upon hearing Kazuya's words. She then examined the shining item, remembering the riddle.

"Hm, you might be right." Thelma tapped her cheek with her finger. "Since it says the chosen one freed it from the stone, it must be a sword, just like Excalibur."

Arisa gazed at Thelma, remembering that Thelma had mentioned that name before, back in Oceana.

"And," said a hesitant voice by Thelma's side, "and it was passed on through many generations. I think, I think that it must be a precious item kept within a family."

Arisa noticed that Caris was looking at her lap when she said those words. Arisa guessed that Caris was nervous to tell the team her thoughts about the riddle.

"That's where I was going to reach," said Thelma, her tone excited. "Unless the riddle is trying to trick me, it's obvious that it's an item hidden within a family and with the mention of reigning for countless years, it can only mean one thing: a royal family has it."

For a moment, Arisa froze, gazing at Thelma with no words leaving her lips. She curled her fingers, thinking that if Thelma's theory was indeed true, they were in huge trouble.

"That makes sense," said Kazuya thoughtfully. "If it's hidden in a sword, then it can only be hidden in the King's sword. Now that I think about it, whenever that monster shows up for a speech, he always brings his weapon along."