⋇- 41: Aftermath -⋇

En wiped away the stray tear streaming on his cheek. As he did so, he noticed a curious detail on his arm. He examined it and saw several stems of flowers wrapped around it with a small number of colorful flowers blooming in some spots.

Having an idea of where those flowers came from, he checked the sides of the bed. He quickly spotted a long, brown staff placed on his right side. As he saw that it was glowing weakly, he recognized Virgo's symbol sparkling on the emerald green crystal.

Cassiopeia.

He tried to have a seat, wondering where Virgo could be hiding. Looking around, he found himself in a medium-sized room that had one wardrobe placed by the beige-colored wall and a desk set close to the window with bright curtains.

En realized that he was back at his uncle's and aunt's residence. As he examined his temporary room, he spotted two chairs by his bed. He concluded that they were reserved for those who would visit him.

He exhaled, wondering for how long he had been unconscious after that battle against Shaula. Touching his forehead, he remembered the farewell peck his mother gave him. Thinking about her, he wondered if his encounter with her was only a dream. It really was unbelievable that he had seen her and had a conversation with her, yet it felt so real.

He wondered if she already had walked towards the light after waking him up. Wherever she was, he hoped she had met his father again and they were now happy in the afterlife. 

Only thinking of his parents being together again made his lips spread a smile on his face. Those two loved each other so much, that it sounded beautiful for them to reunite after death separated them for almost fifteen years.

The sound of a door opening pulled him back to reality. He heard a gasp and when he gazed across the room, he saw Miria cover her mouth with tears threatening to leave her eyes.

"Ah, Miria. Good morning," he said with a little doubt in his tone, "or is it good afternoon?"

As he gazed to his right to examine the scenery behind the swaying bright curtains, arms tightened around him. Miria's hug was so tight that En had to move a bit to breathe.

"Thank goodness you woke up," said Miria in between her sobs. "The lady in the cloak said it would depend on you if you wanted to live."

En blinked two times. "The lady in the cloak?"

"Ye-yes." Miria dropped her arms and wiped away her tears. "It's thanks to her that your body was able to survive. But she said she couldn't do anything else since your consciousness was fading even though your body was fully healed. I'm so happy that in the end, everything ended well; we were so worried."

En gazed at his blanket-covered lap. "Sorry."

Miria shook her head as she patted En's shoulder.

"There's nothing to apologize for," she said. "What matters is that everything is alright now."

En gazed back at her, nodding with a small smile.

"I should tell everyone this good news," she said, regaining her posture. "I came here to close the windows and found you awake and well. I'll be right back."

Miria didn't wait for his response as she quickly walked across the room calling her parents. En ran his fingers on his hair, still feeling guilty about making everyone worry.

His gaze met the flowers wrapped around his arms, making him wonder what Virgo would want as payment for saving his life. He examined the staff by his side. The crystal was no longer glowing, meaning that he no longer needed any more treatment.