Chapter 65: Winner

Deanna's POV

"Maaga pa naman Pongs diba?" I asked her.

"Yeah it's 9:28 AM palang" pongs answered.

"Great, we still have plenty of time to prepare" I said tapos I continued driving.

We just finished our morning class and we're on our way pabalik ng dorm para sunduin sila Ate Bei and Jaycel before we head to my apartment.

Today is Saturday and it's a very special day for me and Jema, it's May 4, 2019 and it's our 1st anniversary together. We already greeted each other kanina when she called me before going to their training, and we agreed to spend the night nalang and have dinner together to celebrate since we also have a game later.

Besides our anniversary today, it's also a very important day for the team cause the final four for the UAAP begins today. We're up against FEU later for the 1st game and hopefully the last game of our series against them.

We finished the elimination round with 12 wins and 2 losses and yes both of our losses came from La Salle, we were very frustrated because we didn't beat them at all but Coach O reminded us not to lose our faith and keep our focus in ending the elimination strong. Thankfully we really did finish the elimination round with a great record and nakuha rin namin yung top spot sa standings so we gained a twice-to-beat advantage against FEU.

"Grabe Deans parang ang bilis ng panahon no? It's been a year na pala since nagka love life ka" pongs said to me.

"Oo nga eh, who would've thought that aabot pala kami dito ni Jema" I replied and then I smiled.

"Bakit Deans did you not expect that you're going to last a year with Jema? Hala ka sige susumbong kita kay Mare" pongs replied.

"No hindi sa ganun Pongs, I mean I didn't expect that this will all happen" sabi ko.

"Hindi ko naman talaga inexpect na I will fall in love with her tapos she will be my girlfriend" I added.

"It's just so unexpected how she affected and changed my life" I said.

"Awwwwwwww Deans you're being emotional na, and I don't want you to cry today cause we have a game later" pagbibiro ni pongs kaya ngumiti nalang ulit ako sa kanya.

"Anyway since it's the start of the final four na rin, alam mo bang FEU, DLSU, UST, and Ateneo rin yung prediction ko na makaka pasok sa UAAP this season" kwento ni pongs.

"Really? Ang galing mo pala manghula Pongs, maybe you can read my future too" I replied teasing her.

"Oo nga, give me your hand I'll try it" pongs said tapos I gave her my right hand and then she started tracing the lines on my palm. Hala ginawa nga niya hahaha.

"Oooh I see it, I see that you're going to be a successful professional volleyball player tapos I also see your success with your business" sabi ni pongs kaya I laughed naman.

"My oh my I still see you with Jema and you're happily married na tapos you're going to grow old together daw" dagdag pa ni pongs and then maya maya binitawan niya na yung kamay ko.

"Baliw ka na Pongs" I told her with a smile. Sige Deanna pretend to Ponggay na hindi ka kinilig sa mga narinig mo.

"Gusto mo rin Deans eh" asar ni pongs tapos tumawa kami parehas.

"But seriously Deans I really predicted the final four correctly, how about you? Sino bang mga teams yung napredict mo?" tanong ni pongs sakin.

"Nothing in particular naman pero I thought UP or NU can also make it, UP had a great start kasi eh and then NU naman was pretty strong din kaya I thought they have a chance to advance to the playoffs" I answered.