02 : preposition

[ 02 : preposition ]

WISH

HE GRABBED MY shoulders and forced me to sit on the couch. I rolled my eyes at him.

"What do you exactly mean by that?" I asked intently.

"You have to join me on my little adventure, as a payment," he declared. The way he said that, it sounded like he's not gonna back down until he gets to hear me say 'yes'.

"Woah, woah! Don't you think you're being too aggressive?" I laughed skeptically. I pushed him slightly, he immediately let my shoulders go, sitting on the coffee table in front of me. 

"I just had to make sure that you won't be getting away from me," walang kaemo-emosyong sabi nito. 

"I don't runaway from chaos, grumpy human. I face it." I informed him. "Actually, I create it. Now what? Ano na? What kind of adventures are you up to, grumpy human?"

Instead of answering my questions, he fished out his phone from his pocket and handed it to me. "Dial your number," 

I shrugged my shoulders and quickly typed my phone number. Tsk tsk, is he some kind of psychopath? I quickly tossed his phone back to him. Mahirap na.

His eyebrows met, "Of all the things that I have to forget, why did it have to be your name?" he asked. I stared at him weirdly.

I tried not to stifle a laugh, "You have a unique way of asking names, huh." I mocked. "Anyway, it's Wish."

"Wish?"

"Yes, Wish." I confirmed.

"What a weird name," he commented. I also fished out for my phone and tossed it to his direction. "Lincoln," he said out of blue.

"What?"

"My name. Lincoln Esquivel. Call me Link though." he told me as he typed his number on my phone. After doing so, he threw it back to me as he sat down beside me on the couch.

He grabbed the remote and opened the television like nothing happened. 

"Lincoln? That sounds so old fashioned! That's like, the surname of the seventeenth president of US!" I told him but he didn't reply. Whatever. "Lincoln, do you know what time is it?" 

I leaned my body sidewards on the couch at pinatong ang ulo ko sa aking kamay habang diretso nakatingin sa kanya. 

"Midnight," tipid nitong sagot at hindi inaalis ang tingin sa TV. "If you want to sleep, sleep."

"That's not what I meant, Lincoln. Feed me," I said in all seriousness but still, his facial expression remained the same.

Blank.

"Midnight snack?" 

"No, midnight coffee." I corrected him. "Come on, bisita mo ako! You should treat me well,"

As usual, his eyebrows met. Tumayo siya sa couch at padabog na pumunta sa mini kitchen. Pfft. Pikon yata 'yong isang 'yon.

"One more thing, Lincoln. I like my coffee as black as my soul," I said, switching the channel. His TV was connected on the internet so I decided to play music instead of watching a movie. I decided to play 'Thunder' by Boys Like Girls.