31 : flashbacks & revelations

[ 31 : flashbacks & revelations ]

WISH

I WAS TWELVE.

I was hiding behind my father's car along with my best friend, Blaise. We actually sneaked inside my father's trunk. Unexpectedly, he used the car and drove away.

It's past twelve in midnight. My father parked his car in front of a coffeeshop. Umalis rin kami ni Blaise at bumili ng kape. Hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin kami nakikita.

We were both drinking a cup of coffee even though the elders warned us not to. At a young age, Blaise and I have been doing a lot of trouble together. The reason? We wanted to explore and enjoy our youth.

"Lilithia, where are you?" my father asked, I figured out that he was talking to someone on his phone.

"Your Dad's always talking to that old hag," Blaise whispered with a pout.

"Let's pull a prank on her tomorrow," I suggested. "She's always pinching our ears!"

"Does it still hurt?" Blaise asked, concerned. We were punished by that old hag earlier this afternoon. I pouted my lips and nodded. "I'll kiss your ears to kiss away the pain,"

Blaise then leaned forward and lightly kissed my ears. His lips curved up into a smile as he winked at me.

"We're going to do it tonight," once again, we heard my father's voice. "Let's execute the plan tonight,"

All of a sudden, my father's car drove off! Leaving the both of us!

"Crap!" I blurted out.

The thirteen-year-old Blaise raked his long and brownish hair exasperatedly. "We need to follow Tito Watson's tracks or else we'll get lost!"

I was losing hope. Hindi namin kabisado ang daan. And if we're going to ask or call for the organization's help, we'll be receiving another punishment from Miss Lilithia! We certainly do not want that to happen.

Nakita ko na may dumaan na isang kotse sa harapan namin. An idea then popped in my head.

"Do you have a gun with you, airplane?" I asked, giving him a sideward glance.

"There's a gun inside your beret," he answered. "It's harmless though. The bullet contains chemicals that could make a person sleep for a day or more once it pierces through his skin,"

"Very well," I smirked. "Let's go hijack a car!"

I grabbed Blaise's wrist and dragged him towards the black car. The driver opened the door as he shot us a glare.

"Hoy mga bata, gabi na. Umuwi na kayo--"

Natigilan ang lalaki dahil bigla ko siyang tinutukan ng baril mismo sa ulo niya. "If you want to live, get out of this car immediately."

The man was startled, raising both of his hands. Slowly, he went outside of his car with trembling knees.

"Better buy a new car, old man."

With that, I flashed him my infamous smirk and instantly went inside. Blaise followed me and sat on the driver's seat.

"Farewell!" I waved my hand to annoy him more as Blaise drove off.

"Have you seen the look on his face, airplane?" I laughed. "It was priceless!"

"Hey, do not celebrate that early, kid!" he retorted. "I'm not yet a professional driver, we might crash and die!"

"I told you to stop calling me kid, airplane. I'm a grown up now! Can't you see how much my muscles have developed?"

Okay, maybe not my boobs but I grew way taller than him! But the elders told us that girls grow tall earlier than boys. Uh, soon, I'm pretty sure he's going to tower over me.