49 : what took you so long?

the last scene of this chapter will probably surprise y'all. prepare :>

[ 49 : what took you so long? ]

WISH

THE AMBULANCE CAME late.

"Lincoln, wake up!" I begged.

I was crying my heart out as I held Lincoln's hand tightly. Seeing his unconscious body on the stretcher was making my heart ache.

"D-Detective died few minutes ago," I heard Genesis inform the police. "S-She was crying. Hard. A-And--"

"Don't iyak na," Stephanie consoled her and hugged her tightly.

I glanced at my wrist watch and it's already 10 p.m. in the evening. Malapit na mag November 1.

I let my tears dry on my cheeks. I scooted closer on Lucius. "H-Have you seen Blaise?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know? Nagpa-iwan siguro sa loob?"

I only nodded my head as a response.

//

I'm blankly staring at the white wall of the hospital. My whole body felt numb after realizing that I witnessed another's death in front of me. And I haven't done anything to stop them.

Lincoln's still unconscious. Although the doctors said that he would wake up later on, I don't think I could face him after almost getting him killed.

He almost died because of me.

"Valentina, don't blame yourself." sabi ni Genesis.

She didn't read my mind, she only predicted my thoughts and she was accurately correct.

Magkatabi kaming nakaupo sa labas ng room ni Lincoln. We're still dressed on our dress. They told me na magpagamot na rin daw sa doctor pero hindi ko naman maramdaman ang sakit sa katawan.

"But it's my fault," I insisted. "P-Pisces. . ."

Natigilan ako nang sumagi sa utak ko na wala pa palang idea si Genesis na si Grayson at Pisces ay iisa lang. I wonder how she would react.

Would she take Grayson's side? I hope not.

"Nakilala niyo ba kung sino siya?" tanong ni Genesis. "We didn't catch him, sorry."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and shook my head. "N-No,"

"How did you guys find out we're there?" I curiously asked.

"Blaise said he was staring at you the whole time he's performing. He also saw you left," Genesis informed. "After his performance, he immediately rushed out and looked for you. We asked for Tiffany's help and she was able to trace you through your necklace,"

I unconsciously grabbed my necklace after hearing her say that. If they didn't locate us, Lincoln could have died as well. I could have died, too!

"Thank you," I sincerely said.

Dumating si Stephanie sa harap namin may bitbit na pagkain. "How's your nararamdaman? Are you sakit anywhere? Is there something I can gawa to make you feel mas okay?"

Parang mas lalo yatang sumakit ang ulo ko nang marinig siya. "There is. Don't talk,"

Tiffany grimaced. "When will you make tigil on mocking my pagsasalita?"

Genesis lightly chuckled. "How adorable,"

Tsk.

"Valentine!"