32 : what kind of normal?

[ 32 : what kind of normal? ]

LINCOLN

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN a good child.

When I was a kid, Mom had a strict policy inside our house. No PSPs on the dining table. We can't use our gadgets for more than five hours a day. We're not allowed to eat chocolates or any sweet candies that might damage our teeth.

We have to take a bath early in the morning. We have to brush our teeth after eating. We always have to study at night, even during the weekends.

I've always followed the rules and policies. My father, even though he physically abused me, my mom and older brother included, I've always followed his commands.

I've never want something in my life aside from graduating and from being a lawyer.

Everything changed when I met Gravity.

For the first time in my life, I finally wanted something--or someone for myself. Not for other people, not for anyone. Just for myself.

But just as I thought everything was going well, now that I'm ready to let go of the mistake she'd done to me in the past, it just all comes back.

My past came back to hunt me again.

I drowned myself in my studies and memorized every law just to forget what happened back then. How my mother died. How my father abandoned us. Now it all came back to hurt me again in the most unexpected way.

"This can't be," I muttered under my breath, shifting my gaze on Gravity. "She can't be my sister. No way!"

I screeched. Mom, whom I thought was dead five years ago, tugged the hem of my blazer to pull me down back to my seat.

But my body wasn't cooperating.

I was trembling in shock and anger, everything in between.

"Link, calm down." my mother shushed.

I clenched my jaw and jerked her hand away from me. "I don't believe on this bullcrap,"

I pierced my eyes on Gravity, ignoring the pairs of eyes staring at us, especially to that person who claimed to be my real father.

Watson Valentine.

"You don't believe on this bullcrap, do you?" I questioned, my eyes still glued on Gravity.

She lowered down her gaze, "They presented us legit informations like the DNA results and--"

I didn't bother listening to her statement and walked out of the dining room. I was fuming, my fists clenched as well as my jaw.

My whole body was trembling in anger and shock. As I stormed out of the room, I felt someone grabbed my wrist.

I didn't look back nor turned my head. I just stopped.

"Lincoln," her voice sent shivers down my spine. "Why do you have to be so grumpy?"

I finally had the guts to face her, "This is not the right time to joke about things. Let me go."