▪️Chapter 10

Edited

Edited.

"Does any of you know why I called you here?" Junhee asked as we all stay seated on the chair in the meeting room. All of us shake our head no. He smiled.

He raise a black box, that I don't even realise was with him, in the air as he shake it lightly.

"We will choose the order for the stage tomorrow from this box! What number you choose, will be your stage order" he chirped. All of us look at each other nervously. We all know too well that none of us wants to be the first to perform. Junhee saw the tension between us and quickly say,

"Come on! Have some energy!" to at least brighten up our mood a little. I smiled at him politely as everyone else has a tense look on their face.

"Haera! You're picking first" he took all the chance he got. Suddenly, I regret being polite to him.

"Come here and pick a number" he said, mentioning me to go to him. I slowly got up from my seat and walk all the way to the end of table to meet him. He held the box in front of me as I nervously put my hand inside the small hole in the box. I mix the paper inside it a bit before taking out a piece paper. Junhee dropped the box on the table as he peek beside me to check the number as well.

I unfold the paper with a small sigh. 8.

I look at Junhee with a big smile. I'm not the first and not the last either!

"Congratulations, Haera is the 8th to perform" Junhee clapped as he gave me a sincere smile before writing it in his book. I thanked him before walking back to my seat. Soon enough, the others start to pick their own numbers too and once we're done, Junhee told us to do whatever we want. Practice, especially, since the stage is tomorrow.

"Where are you practicing?" Seyong asked as she cling onto me.

"Actually, I'm going out with a friend" I told her with a small smile. Minho and I finally set a date where both of us are free so we could meet and have a little sibling bonding day.

Seyong look at me with an eyebrow raised.

"You're not going to practice? The stage is tomorrow" she asked, confusion and worried laced in her tone.

"I will practice, but after I met them" I answered. She nod before shrugging it off.

"You're going out with a friend?" Xera asked, butting in. I nod. Soon enough, Aira joined us. We enter the elevator as the door closed.

"I'm so nervous for tomorrow" Aira said as we all nod in agreement. Soon enough, we all part ways as I bid them goodbyes.

I walk out of the company and followed the direction of where Minho told me to meet him. Luckily, it's near the company so it's fine for me to walk there. But then, I'm not quite familiar with the place as I struggled to find the restaurant he stated.