▪️Chapter 34

Edited

Edited.

I crack my eyes open only to be welcomed by blinding lights. I took me awhile to finally being able to adjust the lights. That's when I realised that I'm in a hospital room.

Not again.

"You're awake?" a voice asked, making me quickly turn to them. It's him again.

Not trying to be rude, but why is he always there whenever I woke up in the hospital? And not to mention whenever I'm crying, he always came out of nowhere.

Something clicked inside me as I immediately freaked out, trying to sit on the bed but he stopped me from doing so.

"What's wrong? Lay down, you're still not fully healed" he reminded, laying me back down.

"What about the stage? My perfomance? Did I get eliminated?" I attacked him with questions.

"I didn't get eliminated, right?" I repeated, asking him with a little amount of hope left in me. He looked down almost immediately.

I got eliminated.

"How?" I asked, feeling so numb.

"I'm sorry but PD said that it's because you couldn't finish your dance perfectly and you have few mistakes. He also include your rumors" he said quietly. I listen to him, loud and clear.

I turn my gaze from him towards the ceiling. I can feel my eyes watering. I failed them. I failed my parents, Minho, Aira and all my friends.

Why did I drink that damn capuccino?

"You already did great, Haera. Don't blame yourself for this" he tried to comfort me. Somehow, it made me a lot more sadder.

"I worked so hard to make my family proud of me and because of my slight mistake of drinking that cappuccino, everything went to a waste" I said quietly, bitting my lips as I tried to hold in my cries but I'm too weak. I gave in and let the tears engulf me.

"Please, don't blame yourself. If you want to blame someone, the person who deserves it is Leena. She put things in that drink and thank god, everything's got payed" he lowkey chirped during the last part. I frowned, turning to look at him.

"What do you mean by everything's got payed?" I asked him.

"She also got eliminated today, serves her right" he mumbled the last part. Somehow, the news doesn't even make me feel at least happy nor relieved. The sad feeling of me failing everyone I love is stronger.

"Wait a minute" he said, quickly leaving the room. I didn't mind much as I just let my emotions took over me. I hug myself tight, crying.