▪️Chapter 26

Edited

Edited.

"Call me if anything happens" Junhee said calmly. I nod, pushing the door open.

"Thank you" I thanked him before rushing in my own dorm.

As soon as I got in, the whole place was dark, no one was sitting in the living room. I shrugged, making my way towards my own shared room.

I took a deep breath before twirling the doorknob. I let out a sigh of relief when I see both of them are sleeping. I settled my stuff on my bed before changing my clothes to a pajama.

"Haera? Haera! Are you okay? Did anything happened to you?" Seyong immediately engulf me in a tight hug which left me flabergasted.

"I'm actually fine" I said, still shocked at the fact that she isn't mad at me.

"We were both worried of you" Seyong said as she glance at Xera's bed. I throw my gaze at Xera's bed as well, to see her looking at me without any emotions. She look at me for awhile before letting out a sigh. She got out of her bed and went to me to give me a tight hug.

"You left without explaining" Xera said, loosening the hug.

"You guys aren't mad at me?" I asked, looking in between them.

"Why should us? You must have your own reasons" Seyong shrugged. I take a deep look at both of them before engulfing both of them in a group hug. It made me feel touched that they actually understand me.

"I thought you guys hated me" I exclaimed shortly.

"Hell nah, unless, you're really at fault" Xera said, looking at me warningly. I chuckled lightly.

"I promise I'll tell you but not now, I'm not ready" I promised, looking at them hopefully. Xera gave me a look that shows she's starting to not believe me.

"I promise I didn't cheat on Vernon! It's literally just a rumors" I said, looking at my fingers.

"It's fine. Take your time. We will be there to listen when you're ready" Seyong said as she place her tiny hand on my shoulder. I look at her with a small smile, nodding my head.

"Thank you" I thanked her. Xera look at me for awhile before shrugging.

"Whatever. We need to sleep, it's already late" Xera said, climbing onto her bed. I nod, walking towards my own bed as Seyong went to hers.

It was really awkward and I felt, lonely. I couldn't help but to think of every single thing that happened to me. Without realising, liquid of tears fell down my cheeks.

°°°

"Uh, hi. If you don't mind, can I know where Vernon is?" I asked Dino hesitantly. He was shocked to see me as the small towel in his hand dramatically fell on the ground. He quickly pick it up before answering.

"I'm not sure. I didn't see him" he answered quickly. Lies. By the judge of his expression, I know he's lying.

"Oh, um. Do you know where I can find him?" I asked, now hoping for a clear answer. He was hesitating for a moment before someone cut him off.

"You don't need to find him. You should be happy that he's not your boyfriend anymore" Seungcheol butted in as he went beside Dino to fill in his empty bottle with water from the air purifier right beside Dino.

"Huh?" he left me flustered. What does he mean that I should be happy that Vernon is not my boyfriend anymore?

"You heard me. Don't find him and just forget of getting back with him" he said coldly before leaving Dino and I alone, once again.

Weird, why does he reminds me of that guy? The coldness in his voice..

"Uh, we need to practice. See you" Dino said quickly before leaving me alone in the hallway. I look at his fading figure with a slight frown.

Where can I find Vernon?

They're having practice, so Vernon should be there, right? Did Vernon tell them to stop me from meeting him?

Did he really hate me now?

I look down on my feet, letting out a heavy breath. What should I do now?

Suddenly, my phone rang. I quickly snake my hand inside my pocket, hoping that it's Vernon. But fakehope, it's Junhee.

"Haera, where are you?" Junhee asked throught the other line.

"I'm in the company, why?" I asked.

"Great. Come to my office now. I got a plan and I need your confirmation" he said.

"Okay, I'll be there in a second" I said, quickly ending the call. I take a deep breath before walking sloppily as I lean against the wall. My feet still hurts. I thought it would be better since last night wasn't really bad, but it starts to get worse in the morning.

I knock on his door after a few minutes of struggling to go up the levels. I catch my breath while waiting for him to open the door. He was about to greet me when he saw my bandaged feet.

"It still hurts?" he asked, lending his hand to help me walk towards the chair in front of his table.

"A bit. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll get better soon" I answered. Thanking him in the process.

"You know that you can't practice until you're healed, right?" he asked, reminding me. I nod, sighing.

"I know" I said quietly. But that ain't stopping me.

"Anyway, about the plan" he started, taking out a dark blue file and hand it to me. I frowned slightly, taking the file in my hand.

"Open it" Junhee said. It took me literally no time to open and examine the file. There are four profiles of woman that are slightly older than me. I look at Junhee with a confused expression.

"Pick one. They are one of the trusted person that I've found" Junhee started.

"I will pick one of them based on your selection. The person will step out and claim that she was the one who spreaded the rumors and said that it was fake and the photo was edited" Junhee continued.

"You're good with that plan? Cause' I've talked with your brother's manager and he said that this is the most suitable thing to do since you don't want other people to know" he said, looking at me knowingly. It took me awhile before agreeing.

"I guess that would be good. But how if PD knows that we're paying people to shut off the rumors?" I asked, suddenly wondering how it will end if that happens.

"He won't know about this but if he do, I guess the worse thing could happen is having both of us kicked out" he chuckled lightly, but it doesn't sound funny to me. In fact it frightened me.

But Junhee, he dared to do this for me. He's risking his job, to help me.

{End of Chapter 26}
You could say that this is a filler chapter. Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter!