▪️Chapter 11

Edited

Edited.

"Please put this in your ear" the staff said politely as he hand me the in-ear monitor. I nod slightly and proceed to put in the tiny gadget in my ears. He went behind me and attached some sort of wire to the small radio that is attached at my back.

"Done. You're ready" he said, going back to face me.

"Let me guide you to the backstage" he said with a small smile before leading the way. I followed after him towards the darker place where some loud bass music could be visibly heard. I soon realised that it was Hani, performing.

"When the emcee call you, you can go ahead and enter the stage. When you're done with your perfomance, you may walk out of the stage by using the other door over there" the staff explained as he open the black curtain slightly and point where the other door is. It is basically just the exact same door but leads somewhere else, probably the waiting room.

I give him a quick nod. He stayed there as he hold onto the dark curtain, knowing well enough that I want to keep looking outside.

I turn my gaze a bit so I can see Hani and thousands of crowd in the quite big stadium.

"Okay then, you should be ready. She'll be done anytime soon" he said calmly after a moment of silence. I nod. When he walk away, I quickly take another glance at the crowd. There are so many of them. I suddenly got nervous as I pace around the little space.

Will I do great?

"Wow wow wow what a great performance we had there. Everyone please give a big hand to our Hani!" the emcee's voice echoed as I can hear loud claps shortly after. My breath hitched as I quickly realised that it's my turn in barely few seconds.

"Now, let's invite our next participant. I heard that she is the shortest in the team, isn't that cute?" the emcee chuckled lightly. I accidently let out a scoff but couldn't hide my smile.

The shortest, really?

"Without wasting any more time, let's invite, Haera!" the emcee cheered loudly as few small claps could be heard.

With a nervous step, I walk up the stage, mentally hoping that I won't give a bad impression to people.

Mom always said that first impression are the most important when we meet new people. Anything can go good or bad from their first impression of us. And I really hope they all would see the best and good from me.

The emcee give me a small smile before leaving the stage. I watch him walk away from the stage before taking the view in front of me.

I was shocked to see a lot of crowds in front of my eyes. Yes, I saw them from the backstage earlier, but now, since I look at all of them face to face, there are really a lot of them.

It's not helping me as my heartbeat increase, making me nervous at all the judging and curious stares given.

I take a deep breath and look at my feet as I wait for the song to start. I got my finger crossed, hoping that I will do well.