▪️Chapter 39

Edited

Edited.

After minutes that felt like hours, PD step in the stage as well as other members. They all look at me with a big smile, nodding their head as a sign of supporting me.

PD has walked all the way towards a big table and chair where the staff has prepared for him. Soon enough, all the members are standing few metres away from me as I stand alone, being shone under the spotlight.

I swear it made me nervous more than it should.

"Hello, everyone" PD gretted five of us as he took few glances at the papers on his table.

"Hello, sir" we all replied. I nervously fidgets with the microphone in my hand.

"I won't be wasting any more time and just get on the real reason why we're all here" he said, chuckling a bit. I swear I would laugh with him if I'm not nervous right now.

"All of your perfomances was amazing and I am glad to say that I am really satisfied with your perfomances and can't wait to see all you to perform together" he said calmly. The other members were smilling brightly as they murmured a thanks to PD.

"Haera" he started, looking at me. I gulp hard.

"Yes, sir" I answered, trying my best to sound calm.

"One of the rules of this competition is for the group to debut as four, looks like you made me think of the rules twice" he chuckled. I force out a small laugh. Is he complimenting me or teasing me?

"I see a very great potential in you during your stages, you always make your stage look alive and wonderful with the passion you have in yourself. And it caught my attention each time, exclude the perfomance two weeks ago. I was disappointed" he continued. I nod, acknowledging him. Even I was disappointed in myself.

"I want to see you perform lively again, so that is why I gave you this chance" he said.

"And to be honest, I didn't regret it" he said as I feel something sparks inside me. Suddenly, it felt easy to smile.

It was a slight pause before he stopped whatever he was doing and took a glance at the girls before taking a glance at me. He gave me the softest smile ever.

"Congratulations, all five of you are debuting together" he told us calmly. My eyes widen in shock. I smiled happily as I look at my dearest friends.

Xera and Seyong look at me with a very bright smile before skipping their way towards me. I open my arms wide as I hug them both tightly. Tears of happiness fell down my cheeks easily.

It felt unreal for a second.

"We're debuting together" I managed to mumble out. They both nod with teary eyes, hugging each other tight. After awhile, we let go of the hug as both of them let Jane and Hani hug me as well.