▪️Chapter 24

Edited

Edited.

"I need someone to be with me" I whispered to myself.

Without any warning, a pair of warm arms engulf me in a tight hug.

Vernon?

I quickly raise my head to look at the person. I'm not happy, but I'm not disappointed either but what I'm sure, I was shocked.

Out of all people, it's him.

"What are you doing here? How do you know I'm here?" I asked him with trembling voice.

"I can hear you screaming even from outside of the room, dumbass" he said, not minding much. I look down before something clicked in me.

"Don't you hate me? The rumors is all over the place now. Why are you comforting me here?" I asked bluntly, looking at him. His crouching position seems tires him as he slowly sit on the floor beside me.

I know he could be one of the biggest suspect of the person who spread the rumors, but my heart's telling me that it's not him.

"If you ask me, I really don't want to have a thing to do with you. But with your situation right now, I know you have reasons behind it and I think you really need a company" he said which suprisingly didn't hurt my feelings at all. I look at him for a moment to see him actually sincere.

"Thank you" I said quietly, looking at my hands.

"What happened to your ankle?" he asked after a moment of comfortable silence. His question made me look at my feet as well. It's now red than ever. In reflex, I slowly caress it.

"I stumble over my feet" I answered.

"You sprained them? How are you going to dance? Your stage is in five days" he asked. A slight worry were visible in his tone and eyes. The way his eyes twinkle when he's worried actually sparks a thing inside me. It made me feel, special?

"They will get better soon, it's not a big deal" I tried to ignore the pain and change my gaze from him to my feet instead.

Without answering, he got up on his feet and walk towards the cabinet on the side of the room, where the computer were.

"You know what you should do when you're sad?" he look at me slightly. I look at him before shaking my head. Even though I can't see his face, I know he's smilling right now. He turn to look at the computer screen and clicked a few things.

It was few seconds before the sound of soft piano playing.

"Relax yourself and feel the song. It really helps if you listen to sad songs during your darkest times" he said, walking towards the cabinet. I didn't mind much as I look at the floor, waiting for a voice to come out.

"It will make you feel that you're not alone and there's someone else who has been through things like you do" he continued, sitting beside me with a small first-aid kit box in his hands. I look at him with a slightly confused face.