▪️Chapter 28

Edited

Edited.

I crack my eyes open slowly at the sound of some soft beeping. I was immediately gretted by the blinding lights, making me close my eyes in reflex and took my lovely time to adjust the lights.

I soon realised that I'm in a hospital room. My hand is attached to a huge machine beside me, giving me flashbacks.

How did I end up here?

I turn to my side to look for any faces and was shocked to see one. It's him. He's sleeping comfortably on the hard chair as he hug himself, facing me.

His mask, he has lowered them slightly. I squint my eyes to take a look at his slightly bare face. I swear I saw that tiny nose before.

Suddenly, his eyes crack open as he straight away look at me. My eyes widen in shock, his sudden eye contact caught me by suprise.

"You're awake?" he asked, quickly pulling the mask up to cover his face properly. I nod my head, suddenly feel my throat dry. He seems to understand my condition as he quickly got up from his chair and grab a glass of water at the table beside the hospital bed.

"Here" he hand me the glass of water.

"Thank you" I smiled. He nod, pulling the chair he was sitting on a little more closer towards my bed before sitting on it.

"How did I end up here?" I asked him after talking a nice gulp of water. He took the empty glass away from my hand.

"You got panic attack while being surrounded by your brother's fans earlier" he answered. My mind immediately goes back to the freshly new memory.

"It was you who saved me?" I asked him. He nod. I remembered that the person is bare faced. He didn't wear any mask. Dang it, I could've seen his face if I didn't get dizzy that time.

"Why were you out alone? I told you that you need to be with someone all the time. Look what happened" he complained, showing that he cares.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want to burden other people in accompanying me everywhere I go" I said, trying not to fight back.

"But you need to, it's dangerous for you to go outside alone. Especially when you had trauma-" he said before trailing off.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't mention that" he quickly apologized. I look away slightly, shaking my head.

"It's fine. I know you're worried" I said, trying to give him my best smile at the moment. He sigh lowly.

"Where were you going anyway?" he asked after few minutes of silence.

"Finding Vernon" I said quietly. It was quiet for awhile making me look up at him. He was zoning out.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, frowning slightly. He snap back to reality before looking at me with an awkward smile.